Thread: Handy tables and charts.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Perry's Chemical Engineers' Handbook. I can't give you a page reference, I no longer have a copy. It was a useful document when I was in industry.

Compressibility varies by around 5 percent between 250K and 300K, say one percent per 10K variation. 232 bar at factor 1.0 is true at 250K, maybe 3 percent adrift at "room" temperature. That is why I estimated a 3 percent error at the "base" point.

It's academic when you don't know the length of line used to fill the cylinder. We also don't shoot at a fixed temp... i think last year I covered 35 degrees.

I don't think anyone is going to get upset about the fill count not meeting x person's predictions... the benefits of 300 are that if your shooting at 200 bar you can hold a lot more air in the same volume for a longer amount of fills.

Reminds me... I need to get my 3L filled... i've forgotten how many fills it's done... but it's down to 185 and i'm scrounging air. Even though I shoot almost every weekend, and regularly each week, I can't for the life of me remember how many fills I get out of my 4 pcps... all with different sized cylinders.

Rob, not Rich

tomosmond is offline My name's Osmond and I've got a little Jimmy
    will they open with open office. Im downlading it at the moment and just wanted to know.
    AA S400 (LH) - Tasco Custom Shop 8-40x56 - Rowan engineering trigger - UK Neil hamster & air stripper
    Steyr LG100 (LH) - MTC silver viper 3-12x44

Tom, yes, I just tried it and it seems to work OK

Number of fills does not contain any macros.

Am I Legal also seems to work fine.

I haven't checked them side by side with Excel but no error messages came up.

Am I Legal also has no macros, the maths is done with Excel built-in functions.

tomosmond is offline My name's Osmond and I've got a little Jimmy
    thanks snock and rich
    AA S400 (LH) - Tasco Custom Shop 8-40x56 - Rowan engineering trigger - UK Neil hamster & air stripper
    Steyr LG100 (LH) - MTC silver viper 3-12x44

As you shoot an EV2 I am surprised it is not in the list.