Gentleman.
I recently purchased for nostalgias sake a Diana Model 22 .177 air rifle. I did not buy it as a shooter but who can resist “testing” any new rifle in ones collection.I found that none of my brands of pellets would easily fit into the barrels breech and I had to give them a start with the aid of a match stick. This is not a problem I have ever had with any of my British air rifles be they older or more modern then the Mod 22.
However I do have in my collection a Diana MK IV .177 air pistol. I bought this pistol second hand over 40 years ago. Whilst I had it in England I had no problems with it but once I came to New Zealand I had to retire it because it too did not like the local brands of pellets. As with the Mod 22 the pellets appear too large, or the bore too small.
All the other rifles and pistols in my small collection digest the local ammo with no problems. Only the Dianas appear to be fussy. Could this be because they were made on German equipment?
One other question. When I dug my Diana MK IV pistol out to note the model for this question I noticed that on the bottom of the pistol grip 12.64 B is stamped. Does this have any significance?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Barry