Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diopters....HELP.

Feinwrk Dave Guest

Diopters....HELP.

I'm trying to find a site that offers a choice of diopter sights.
    I've spent the past couple of nights surfing the net, but not much choice. Can anyone offer me directions.....
    Many thanks
    Dave

http://www.intershoot.co.uk/ (run by a board member)

Feinwrk Dave Guest
    Thanks for the links......just what i've been looking for...Cheers and Happy New Year.

Feinwrk Dave Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    http://www.intershoot.co.uk/ (run by a board member)
    Thanks Rob.
    The link is just what i wanted....Many thanks and Happy New Year.
    Dave

Diopters.

Some months ago I found some on the Bisley site.

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

thread Hijack!!

I've just bought a FWB 300 s with dioptre sights & was wondering ( as complete novice to these sights) what sort of sight picture should I expect?
    Is there a good website to show how to adjust the sights/is the rear iris adjustable? My reasoning is I cant see how you aim one with no blade at the back? If any of my ramblings ring a bell with anyone, don't hesitate to rid me of my ignorance! Cheers Guys.
    "Putting a country take on things..."

do you know the make of the sights i have a centra dioptre on my aschutz 22 and have instructions for it i could send you a copy if its any good to you but you will find that most companys will send you instructions for their sights if you ask them as for the view throught the sight that depend on your eye sight and the size of the hole in the rear sight has it got colour discs polorizer etc it took me ages to get mine set up properly
    Yea Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am
    at 80,000 Feet and Climbing

essentially it's a case of lining up the dots.

you want to be shooting the right kind of target at the right range... 10m targets like this

then it's a case of centering the target black dot in the centre of the foresight, which should be in the centre of the rearsight. The rearsight will be blurry, the main point of focus is the foresight.

Once they're all lined up, pull the trigger

If your rearsight is adjustable, play with it...smaller openings on the rearsight give better depth of field, enabling you to see the target against the foresight clearer, but too small a hole will tire your eyes.

The foresight normally has swapable elements to change it's diameter...this changes the ring of white thickness between the target and the foresight...4.0 is a good place to start...too thin and the optical effects will give you problems, too wide and it will be difficult to determine when it's central.

It takes a bit of practice to get somewhere in 10m, but it's highly addictive given a good attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by reaper 2002 View Post
    do you know the make of the sights i have a centra dioptre on my aschutz 22 and have instructions for it i could send you a copy if its any good to you but you will find that most companys will send you instructions for their sights if you ask them as for the view throught the sight that depend on your eye sight and the size of the hole in the rear sight has it got colour discs polorizer etc it took me ages to get mine set up properly
    They are Feinwerbau, I have the manual but very skimpy on sight adjustment.

essentially it's a case of lining up the dots.

you want to be shooting the right kind of target at the right range... 10m targets like this

then it's a case of centering the target black dot in the centre of the foresight, which should be in the centre of the rearsight. The rearsight will be blurry, the main point of focus is the foresight.

Once they're all lined up, pull the trigger

If your rearsight is adjustable, play with it...smaller openings on the rearsight give better depth of field, enabling you to see the target against the foresight clearer, but too small a hole will tire your eyes.

The foresight normally has swapable elements to change it's diameter...this changes the ring of white thickness between the target and the foresight...4.0 is a good place to start...too thin and the optical effects will give you problems, too wide and it will be difficult to determine when it's central.

It takes a bit of practice to get somewhere in 10m, but it's highly addictive given a good attempt.
    Thanks for that. I'll give it a go & report back!

do

it's perversly addictive. Hard to start with, but it does get easier with attention. And it's quite a deep sport as well.

do

it's perversly addictive. Hard to start with, but it does get easier with attention. And it's quite a deep sport as well.
    your not kidding i nearly got put infront of a firing squad for cursing when i missed a 98 for a 96 a christmas carol comes to mind "silent night " sneeze if you dare its the most silent sport i have ever done even with the bangs lol
    Yea Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am
    at 80,000 Feet and Climbing

haven't shot an open comp yet...but i'm prone to the odd expleitive.. oh to be near a 96 to start with !

maybe i'll claim tourette's

Quote Originally Posted by reaper 2002 View Post
    your not kidding i nearly got put infront of a firing squad for cursing when i missed a 98 for a 96 a christmas carol comes to mind "silent night " sneeze if you dare its the most silent sport i have ever done even with the bangs lol
    I don't know why so many pepole get wound up by a bit of noise going on in the background if you are doing your bit right you arn't going to notice them. OK you don;t want someone walking up and trying to engage you in conversation during a detail but shooters talking to themselves while shooting or others talking behind the firing point whats the problem? Go to a major ISSF type event or the Bisley smallbore meeting and there will be loads of activity going on just behind the firing point and you soon learn to switvh off to it.

Alan