Thread: Rifle Racks

sad lad Guest

Rifle Racks

ANYBODY NO WERE YOU CAN OBTAIN RIFLE RACKS AS A WAY OF STOREING AND DISPLAYING RIFLES??

greenshoots Guest
    do a search for rifle racks there have been a couple of good designs posted
    regards viv

Shaggy Guest
    I recon they would be easy to make up from scratch, even people that arn't carpinters shoould be able to nail together soemthing half decent!

Or
    Try the local gun shop see where they got there's from?
    or
    contact a shop fitting firm & ask em to send you a caterlogue out & see if anything takes your fancy?

Hope it helps

Darren

We made a very simple temporary rack last weekend. It consists of a 6ft length of 2x1 timber (tile battening) screwed to the wall horizontally just under 3 feet up from the floor. Fixed edgeways on, i.e., the 2 inch width sticks out from the wall.

We went along with a power drill and drilled half inch holes in it, horizontally towards the wall, about three and a half to four inches apart. Then we cut a length of half inch dowel rod into four inch long pieces and tapped them into the holes, with a spot of PVA glue on the end.

Result, ten minutes work and a gun rack for about 15 to 20 guns.

Rich

Jeff Goodman Guest

Gun Racks?

Regarding gun racks, I recently contacted a number of shooting accessory dealers for the very same thing, and it seems that because of the strict security rules now in force the tendency is towards the use of heavy duty metal gun safes as apposed to gun racks unless you have a secure gun room.

I prefer to be able to see my toys, so like already mentioned I built one myself, and with some planning it turned out to be an enjoyable exercise, and the Cops approve, try it!!

J G