Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crosman goes PCP

Crosman goes PCP

An excellent development
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

GreenMachine Guest
    I like the open sights. A bit like re-inventing the wheel.

Might be the hook...

..that makes PCP an entry level choice. In the US, it's priced (and can be pre-ordered) at $399 WITH A HAND PUMP (rifle itself is $245). Of course, once it crosses the Atlantic, will probably be priced considerably higher (as nearly everything else), but will still be priced low enough that a new shooter can consider it for about the same cost as a mid-level springer.

looks quite nice,nice change to see a pcp with open sights

nice tits on the lady in the charging the gun section

however it does say that you will get many more shots from co2 than air........hmmmm bit sceptical about that.
    Last edited by ikarma70; 15-01-2008 at 07:37 AM.

I like the look of the gun, apart from the ugly (plastic???) figure of eight barrel support. If it has a decent trigger and is consistently accurate they could be onto a winner!!!

Looks like a QB78 to me.
    Wanted - Venom Mach 1/2 Trigger

I'm not getting excited. It is still a Crosman and imo they are poor quality, crudely built US products compared to most UK or European built guns.
    Steve
    Floccinaucinihilipilificator.

i think it looks ok its even got pressure gauge i just hope its sell as cheap as it was meant to be over here as it will be in the US that pump sound pretty good too if you believe the write up it never gets hot

Smile crosman

But will it take a moderator?
    Gogs

yes a sure some one will soon make a adapter for no probs

The problem is (as covered here and elsewhere) we will probably see them appear at about £400 (incl. pump) which puts it up against some good quality entry level pcp's already in production. And thats a conservative estimate.

Lets just hope they don't try and put them out at a similar mark up to the crosman 2240 $55.08 and to you sir ..... £99 ! At $55 dollars (or even £55) i would have bought one to mod but could never bring myself to pay the asking price.

I am interested in the crosman pcp and i like the idea of a lower psi fill while retaining a decent number of shots - it certainly makes the stirup pump a little more appealing. BUT the price may well make it a non starter anywhere outside of the US

I think this could be a good thing both here and especially in the US.

It could have some sucsess as an entry level pcp over here if crosman and or the importers dont get greedy. If they keep the price down well under £200 gun only it might tempt some.

And over the pond I could see it being the first step towards more US PCP users which in turn could mean more rifles.
    hoplophobe

inquisitiveyank Guest

the states and pcp rifles

I believe the problem with pcp rifles in the usa has always been that they have been in the same price range as some very good rim fires. As you gentlemen probably realize, firearms are not nearly as restricted here, and would be a first choice for hunters.
    That being said, a pcp gun which could be used in suburban areas has a great deal of sales potential if the price is reasonable. All my air rifles are either Springers(self contained and durable) or pump up pnuematics. The PCP guns are in the same price range as Anschutz rifles here, and are hard to justify, in dollars.
    Some of you are right about Crosman quality, it's got to get much better if they expect to sell $400 rifles, and bump heads with Ruger, Remington, and many of the imports.If nothing else, they need to put a decent trigger on the thing.

Well Pyramyd air have them on their siite now for $379.00

So according to a currency converter that would make it £191.98 which includes a pump .... lets hope they get close to that

On a side note i hope they screw cut the export version (half inch UNF) for a silencer Would make it much more appealing