Thread: Am I daft to sell my HW35 to buy a HW80?

Am I daft to sell my HW35 to buy a HW80?

Having retrieved my 90k from the second hand for sale rack in my local gunshop and given it a better go I found I liked the shape of the stock etc.
    This set me thinking and being critical of the stock and feel of my HW35 and the fact that as a left handed shooter - despite being right handed - the barrel locking lever is awkward. So much so that I thought I would turn it in and use the money to buy a HW80. This seems to have a stock shape more like the 90.
    Does anyone own both who could confirm this? Am I wise to go for the 80 which will be used mainly as an open sight gun with diopter rear sight (as was my 35).. Is it the claimed legend or is it as Blackpool Rifles claim not up to the mark now? I find that hard to believe in a Weihrauch. The 35 is still very capable despite being an old design.
    Any thought and advice gratefully received.
    Steve
    Floccinaucinihilipilificator.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    I love both (and the HW95), but if for some bizarre reason I was only able to own one it'd be the HW35 every time. Further, although I currently have an HW35 .177 and an HW35 .22, if the aforementioned hypothetical situation were to arise, my one and only HW would not only be an HW35, but it'd be in .177 too . Don’t know if this helps any or just muddies the water, so why not just keep the HW35 and get an HW80K too . Ha ha . TTFN: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

The 80 is still a reasonable break barrel rifle out of the box , but as standard there are better on the market. Tuned though it would make a worthy successor to the 35.
    Personally I would go the whole hog and get a tx or a 77/97. Far better rifles in untuned or tuned state

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    keep the HW 35, buy the HW 80 , save some dosh then buy a HW 77 then add a 77K to the list, you'll be skint but very happy oh forgot maybe divorced as well .
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Yep, got to agree with the majority here. Keep the '35, buy the '80, grab the first decent '77 you can find then add a FWB Sport (plus tunning kit) to the growing collection while on the way having a good look at a '98 and/or '95.
    You know it makes sense.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

sell the hw35 buy hw95k liter then the 80 and better out of box unless you want to spend money on full venom tune then the 80 is the best springer bar none imo

A Lazaglided 80 has yet to be bettered as a spring gun.

Lloyd - You should see that tatty Lazaglide Varminter you sold me now ISP have completely refinished it

Richard
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Thanks guys. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I had a 95 and regret selling. Looking at a FWB second hand. Bit of stock reshape required as I shoot left handed but it is feasible. 98 lovely gun but a bit nose heavy? I suppose I could counterweight it. The 35 stock I find a bit mean in the butt styling and proportions and the catch is not easy for a left hand shooter with a bit of arthritis. I did toy with buying one of each model of HW at one time!
    I want a model with open sight facilities so I can use my peephole/diopter sight.

I am divorced so a nag is no problem for me - I do and buy what I want.

Tuning and customising - can see advantage of this but rather believe in using it as it comes from the box.

Lloyd (I assume you are BAR from comments made in other posts?) - the Rohm twinmaster top I returned for a trigger repair last year is going well ( that was the one Brocock thought they had lost!) - Thanks and I must cruise over one day to have a shufti at the shrine.
    Steve
    Floccinaucinihilipilificator.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    A Lazaglided 80 has yet to be bettered as a spring gun.

Lloyd - You should see that tatty Lazaglide Varminter you sold me now ISP have completely refinished it

Richard
    Send me a piccy

Quote Originally Posted by TURIN TURAMBAR View Post
    T
    Lloyd (I assume you are BAR from comments made in other posts?) - the Rohm twinmaster top I returned for a trigger repair last year is going well ( that was the one Brocock thought they had lost!) - Thanks and I must cruise over one day to have a shufti at the shrine.
    For all my sins, I am "BAR " Glad to hear the Rohms working, its very rare we get problems with them.