Thread: Cheats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Acenorth. is offline Extreme Ironing World Record Holder.
    With regards to the kneeling I think it should be the proper 3 point kneeling...

Flat foot, knee and toe.

Sitting on a turned foot is a no no but I also think that shooting on a flattened foot is also deemed as being the same. Also using the bean bag to support the shin in this kneeling position is wrong and should not be tolerated.

This is my opinion and not that of the UKAHFT.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    Don't assume anything.... It makes an ASS out of U and ME

Has anyone got some pics of the right way for all stances as have always been a little confused and dont do comps at the moment but if i did would at least like to know iam doing it right
    “A good shot is like peeing your trousers: everyone can see it, but only you get that warm feeling.”

Quote Originally Posted by Abes View Post
    Has anyone got some pics of the right way for all stances as have always been a little confused and dont do comps at the moment but if i did would at least like to know iam doing it right
    http://www.ukahft.co.uk/2008/rules.htm

Pete

Cheers thats something eles to pratice now then (will it never end) lol
    “A good shot is like peeing your trousers: everyone can see it, but only you get that warm feeling.”

Pics are on the UKAHFT web site.

Jonathan

I also have seen people hit things other than the target & say 'oh just the one' wouldn't mind but you don't even hear the sound of pellet on metal, not too obviuos
    Oh & Daz, cheers for nobblin' me out of a gold as well

We have similiar problems in our FT club. The most frustrating thing we see is that a number of so-called 'A' graders neglect to submit their card at the end of the shot if their score in not within 'A' grade.
    The only people their kidding is themselves, their reputation is pretty bad from the less immortals of the Bs and Cs who quite honestly do not look up to them at all. To hear them bragging about scores, courses too easy etc etc and then when they fail to perform ditch their scorecards is a joke.
    At least the crowd I shot with are honest, bad shoot bad card still goes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete_Shearer View Post
    We have similiar problems in our FT club. The most frustrating thing we see is that a number of so-called 'A' graders neglect to submit their card at the end of the shot if their score in not within 'A' grade.
    The only people their kidding is themselves, their reputation is pretty bad from the less immortals of the Bs and Cs who quite honestly do not look up to them at all. To hear them bragging about scores, courses too easy etc etc and then when they fail to perform ditch their scorecards is a joke.
    At least the crowd I shot with are honest, bad shoot bad card still goes in.
    Totally agree all cards should be handed in, it will only make you a better person if you take the losses with the wins.
    I hear some people in FT shoot to miss to keep their score low too so they dont go up a grade. I would of thought it was a great honour to go up the ranks???
    Maldon and district arc the fastest growing club in the South http://www.madarc.co.uk/

M.A.D For It

I know of people that have shot at the plate of a already down target and claim the 2 then pull the target up with delight.

If people are slow in front i know of people who jump past to empty lanes.......why, its not a race its not first back gets prize, just chill and get to know the people you are shooting with.
    And why do it, is it avoiding windy parts of the course only to come back to the targets when wind has died, or is it to avoid people seeing you miss so that when you card a 59 no one can say well actually i saw you miss 2.

Only a marshall should go out to a faulty target to rectify a problem or a called target, if the marshall needs help with that target then a competitor who has already shot that target should go assist.

And 2 points should only awarded if the target has gone down no matter if the shooter says he saw the pellet hit the middle of the kill.
    Ive seen many shots show dead centre of the kill on a relativley easy shot in fact i have seen this happen with the two guys i shot with not long ago, both claimed it must be dodgy target i shot it the target went down, but because we were still not sure the marshall checked the target and as we were the first to shoot this freshly painted target he showed us 2 marks where the pellet hit the side of the kill and bounced into the middle leaving 2 perfect round pellet marks.
    They woulod of sworn blind the target was faulty until seeing this so it is something to look for.
    Maldon and district arc the fastest growing club in the South http://www.madarc.co.uk/

M.A.D For It

I've not been at this HFT game for long, but have already had experience of a shooter claiming 'just the one' despite neither myself or the guy we were shooting with seeing or hearing a strike. We both asked if he was sure and the sudden loss of eye contact said it all really.

I think the guy was under the impression that he had a reputation to uphold, but he really wasn't fooling anybody but himself.

I guess myself and my other shooting partner are equally to blame for allowing him to get away with it. Won't happen again though as I intend to take a much harder line next time having read this thread.

Mind you, the vast majority of people I've shot with have been nothing but honest and a pleasure to shoot with...
    Steve Sowden - Shepreth AGC
    AA Prosport .177 / Hawke 4-12x40AO MAP6 / AA Field 4.52
    Suzuki GSXR1000K1 Lucky Strike - R.I.P

kieran turner is offline I GOT SHOT......IN THE BUTTOCKS
    This cheating lark is a kind of weird topic to discuss, I've known very very commendable people accused of cheating and it was simply un-true, but hey ho. What goes around comes around I always say

As for seeing cheating, I've only seen it a couple of times(not the kneeling rule) and I've had a quite word with the people thats done it, most of the time it's something like a kid has put his gun down on his bean bag and it's turned his sidewheel atleast a quarter of a turn and then he's moved it back. I've seen this with my very own eyes(not at a UKAHFT).

So do say sorry mate you have to shoot the rest of the course with a 10y px or let it go, in my eyes this isn't cheating it's just plain unlucky, if you had to shoot the rest of the course like that you would be very very disheartened and it would probably spoil your day.

IMO you only cheat yourself and if a piece of plastic is that improtant that you will go to extreme lenghts such as cheating to get it then you are a very hollow person.

Although im fairly new to HFT i reckon the way that the NEFTA hunter series is scored takes some beating. Quite simply we all mark each others score cards then add them up and sign them before handing them back to the office.
    I don't think i've ever seen anyone cheat ,exactly the opposite to be honest
    at our last comp my two lane mates and i thought we blanked a real awkward shot only when we bumped into the sadist who set the course did we realise we all got a 1.On another occasion the guy in front of us thought he blanked a fairly easy shot, only when my lad pulled the reset string did he realise he got a 2.So i reckon 99.9%of the guys out there as a straight as a die,a little disturbed maybe but straight

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Quote Originally Posted by nibbley-uk View Post
    I know of people that have shot at the plate of a already down target and claim the 2 then pull the target up with delight.

If people are slow in front i know of people who jump past to empty lanes.......why, its not a race its not first back gets prize, just chill and get to know the people you are shooting with.
    And why do it, is it avoiding windy parts of the course only to come back to the targets when wind has died, or is it to avoid people seeing you miss so that when you card a 59 no one can say well actually i saw you miss 2.

Only a marshall should go out to a faulty target to rectify a problem or a called target, if the marshall needs help with that target then a competitor who has already shot that target should go assist.

And 2 points should only awarded if the target has gone down no matter if the shooter says he saw the pellet hit the middle of the kill.
    Ive seen many shots show dead centre of the kill on a relativley easy shot in fact i have seen this happen with the two guys i shot with not long ago, both claimed it must be dodgy target i shot it the target went down, but because we were still not sure the marshall checked the target and as we were the first to shoot this freshly painted target he showed us 2 marks where the pellet hit the side of the kill and bounced into the middle leaving 2 perfect round pellet marks.
    They woulod of sworn blind the target was faulty until seeing this so it is something to look for.
    I've seen that also,an unshot target that shows a centre spot mark after the shot has been taken and target not gone down.I've also seen the same with the pellet scrap hanging on the centre spot,target also not going down.
    Only experience gives you an indication of faulty targets or wishful thinking.

HERX77 .
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.

Quote Originally Posted by Herx77 View Post
    I've seen that also,an unshot target that shows a centre spot mark after the shot has been taken and target not gone down.I've also seen the same with the pellet scrap hanging on the centre spot,target also not going down.
    Only experience gives you an indication of faulty targets or wishful thinking.

HERX77 .
    The thing is Mike i have seen in a UKA comp a shooter in the lane next to me call about 6 targets, now 1 thats fine, 2 you must be unlucky, but 6........

This isnt a whinge about the sport but on a weekly basis i am hearing stories and i just think its time there was a clamp down.
    I am passionate about the sport and just a few seem to put a dampner on it for me and others i talk to.
    And ithought that if people could air their views than maybe there could be answers.
    Dont get me wrong i am competitive as the next person but its not always about getting that 1st trophy as im sure you know Ross.

Also i totaly agree if you see your partner about to take a shot of wrong target or in the wrong possition make it known to them before they take the shot.
    We tried this on Ian H whos foot never found the peg only roots on a couple of pegs, so why watching his foot he shot the marker peg instead.... some people you just cant help

M.A.D For It

The rule are the rules, if they are not clear then thats another matter but we must all accept them before we start the comp so that it really, with the possible exception of newbies who should be assisted, not by a handicap but put with an experienced competitor who would point out when they are not touching the peg or the trigger is over the firing line etc not wait until they have done these things then deduct the points.........I have seen this and the chap in question was not doning very well so he posed no threat to the deductee, all of which made it worse IMHO.
    ATB
    Tony