Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by navybloke View Post
    However, do you really begrudge a father coaching his lad round the course? What could he really do other than suggest a range or a good position to take the shot from? If it's really an issue then could there not be a case for not taking things quite so seriously? Just a thought, offered in a spirit of friendly enquiry!
    I can see both points. However, if I was a junior competing against the coached lad without the benefit of my own coaching I suspect I'd be pretty annoyed. There's a time and place for coaching and encouragement. I don't believe that full blown competition is one of them.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

DAZ,

It's a shame that some people have to stoop this low, HFT and FT is a sport and as such is something you do for fun, sure we would all like to WIN, but at any cost no thanks.

Trust amongst like minded people is the most important thing that is being damaged when people do this.

Anyone who sees anyone doing this, no matter what their reputation, should make their shooting partner and marshalls aware.

They are only fooling themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by steveggg View Post
    DAZ,

It's a shame that some people have to stoop this low, HFT and FT is a sport and as such is something you do for fun, sure we would all like to WIN, but at any cost no thanks.

Trust amongst like minded people is the most important thing that is being damaged when people do this.

Anyone who sees anyone doing this, no matter what their reputation, should make their shooting partner and marshalls aware.

They are only fooling themselves.
    Exactly Steve, the whole point is what we do is for fun and the people who bend the rules or blatently cheat are only going to found out sooner or later.
    Im sure that if everyone is aware of what happens then people are less likely to try it on.
    Last edited by nibbley-uk; 09-01-2008 at 08:38 PM.
    Maldon and district arc the fastest growing club in the South http://www.madarc.co.uk/

M.A.D For It

I have shot with cheats, socialized with them, listened to people talk about them, speak about them myself, I have a mate who is a blatant cheat but in all honesty and being serious nothing will stop a cheat cheating!!
    There a different class of shooter tbh, there obsessed and a cheat can be driven by either peer pressure, reputation, saving face, a bet, and even something as trivial as mates taking the piss.
    Some cheats are blatant, some who are devious, and don’t forget the naïve, there classed as cheats as well (unfortunately).
    I once saw someone arrive at a set of 3 targets in a well known comp, and realise there all sub 20yrds and adjust his scope accordingly as it was put on to his bag, now I stood and watched this but said nothing(not Marshalling at the time), the reason being it’s up to them, they are only cheating themselves.
    I’ve seen a previous shooting partner call a plate when the friggin pellet is still going..
    I have even heard about a group of guys, watch another shooters movements throughout a 30 shot course to prove a point at club level.
    I can’t and will never understand how 2 points can be awarded unless the target actually fell down, or at least moved half way and got caught, with physical evidence.
    The simple fact is, no matter what marks are on the kill/plate if the damn thing stays up its 1 point, if the target is deemed faulty then a second shot should be awarded to prove you can get it down surely.
    just My 2p.

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    Quote Originally Posted by nibbley-uk View Post
    I know that in all competitive sports you will get cheats, some trying to stay on top of their game others as its the only way to do well.
    How do we stop or limit people from cheating in shooting, i cant speak much about FT as not done enough of that, but over the 3 years i have been doing HFT i have seen plenty.
    Some of this i have kept to myself some i have spoke about.Now do we sometimes not say anything not to affend or should it be brought to their attention that you wont stand for cheating.
    I personally am going to bring it to their attention this year and mark the card accordingly then let them argue it out with the organisers.
    How about if we highlight the things we have seen or heard so that people know what to look for.
    Maybe then people will not think of cheating as people have more of an understanding of what goes on.
    After all this is meant to be fun sport and its not like we are going to get a car for winning.
    You want to try clay shooting....now theres some proper cheats.
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

This thread is growing faster than I can read.

So I'll just say, do we have cheats at PARC?

Ray