Thread: "Match" adjustable sights....

Question "Match" adjustable sights....

I've got a free slot on my FAC for a .44 BP pistol - I'm most likely to get a revolver - Remington 1858 or similar.

If I were to buy one with "Match" adjustable sights rather than the original fixed groove in the top of the frame or hammer, would that mean that wouldn't be able to compete in most of the competitions? I believe that the Ruger Old Army suffers from this problem....

Also, how do the various manufacturers of these reproduction revolvers compare? Euroarms, Pietta and Uberti all seem to have similar ranges.

Finally, which design? Colt, Remington, Rogers & Spencer....?

I already own a Pietta Remington 1858, which stays in France (no licence required over there) and is nice to shoot, but I can't help but wonder if there are better guns available as I'm only likely to buy the one for use in the UK.

Thanks

Ben

gunnut Guest

choice

I have a UBERTI remmy,and find it a tad better than the pietta,the euro arms,I've heard are from one of the two stables mentioned.However,one of the guys in my club,has the R&S, uses 777 and wads,and shoots extremely well with it.hope this helps a little