Thread: Daisy Powerline Pump ups ?

Daisy Powerline Pump ups ?

Does anyone remember - or own one of these ?

I remember the advert for them in Guns and Ammo magazine which I bought during the 70s and 80s .

Two guys wearing lab coats holding up a steel plate which had been holed by the Daisy at 10 feet . Well it impressed the hell out of me when I was 17 !!

They looked plasticcy and had a lever in front of the trigger guard for the pumping and a magazine repeating action !!! Pretty novel at the time I recall.
    But you never saw them in the shops near me ?

I notice that unlike Crosmans and Sheridans / Benjamins etc , you very rarely see these come up for sale secondhand . I suppose they lacked the build quality and longevity of the former ?

Thanks Carl.

PS: Even now when we are spoiled to death by the unerring quality / accuracy of modern PCPs I still love pump up air rifles . They must be one of the most underrated designs ever , and it amazes me how you cannot buy a modern version of these simple classics .
    " This , is MY safety "

Hi,
    Ive been looking for a Daisy in .22 for years! I had one as a teenager but alas I think it vanished into thin air! I also have been searching for a Crossman 2200 which can be bought in Walmart for peanuts but I have never seen one in England.

i have a powerline i have had it since god nows i cant rember its been that long it is all plastic except for the barrel,i used to use it in the other house i lived in i put a towel on the back door and hang a target on it pump it once and fire, i could use that pellet for a couple of shots, but if i pumped it ten times it would sink itself into the door.i will take some photos and put them up on here.
    cheers john.
    my guns at the moment.
    DAISY pump .22.very old.
    WEBLEY RAIDER .22.single shot.
    WEBLEY RAIDER .22.10 shot.
    WEBLEY FX 2000..22.eight shot.
    FRANCHI semi auto.12 bore.
    B.S.A 4/10.
    and a few not worth mentioning..

pump ups

i have 2 crossmen pumps.766 177 2200 22 walnut there for sale or swap for a good springer 01482833205 ask for dave.

Hi, Coddy, will post the crossman monday as discussed, I am looking forward to seeing the rifle! I still have fond memories of my Daisy which seemed high tech with its "5 round mag"!

Coddy yhpm

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    They did about 9ft/lbs in .22 and were cheaply made. Plastic mag had to be indexed by hand so hardly any better than loading singly. Looked good to me when I was 14 as well, the marketting described it as 'The Arkansas Can Opener'. There was also a .177 version and a single pump junior model which I think is still being.

The Sharps pump-up rifles, made in Japan, are by far the best quality examples of the breed (unless you can find one of the very rare Daystate pump-ups), see if you can find a Sharps 'Ace' or 'Victory'.

Still be nice to see one of those old Daisys again ...

powerline

high i have taken some photos of mine i hope they work.if you click on the photo it should come up as a slideshow.i hope.
    cheers john.
    Last edited by nimrug; 13-01-2008 at 09:42 PM.
    my guns at the moment.
    DAISY pump .22.very old.
    B.S.A 4/10.

Theres a special edition Daisy as you describe with a wooden stock @ Micks Guns
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

this one is plastic and it still works well i will have to put it on the chrono and have a laugh.
    cheers john.
    my guns at the moment.
    DAISY pump .22.very old.
    B.S.A 4/10.

Hi Richard,
    thats the same model of Daisy that I used to have....a classic! Do let me know what it does over the chrono, we may both get a surprise! It looks in good condition too!
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by nimrug View Post
    this one is plastic and it still works well i will have to put it on the chrono and have a laugh.
    cheers john.
    Nice pics John - thank you .
    You certainly have looked after it , looks in great order for the year .
    Want to sell it ??

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

That Daisy you have Nimrug, is a Daisy Powerline 922.
    My brother had one in the late 70's early 80's. Let us know what it chrono's at.
    I might be interested in buying if you are selling.

John
    Rule are for the guidance of wise men and the unswerving obedience of fools!