Thread: Leupold Mark 4 10x40

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Good review, Ryan, and a very tempting investment, as my eyes are not too great and I find the most important factor is the resolution so I can see what is a kill zone and what is just pellet marks. I am also red-green colour blind so every little helps! I hope to have a peek through the Leup sometime soon, if that's alright with you. I spoke to Pete about obtaining one but at the Leup price, I need to look through one first and be sure that I can get on with the ret! Hopefully, I will come up to Kibworth on the 26th but I cant confirm yet. I had a Falcon Menace with a 0.5 mildot ret for a few days, but couldnt get on with the ret or the slightly soft resolution, compared to the EB Sniper res (best) or MTC(very close 2nd). The SCB ret is still my favourite by far!!!! Plenty of aim points, easy to see against dark backgrounds, (you can even light it up!)but not too cluttered. Don't like the EB mildots, but like the DOF and optical resolution. Would really love a Premium Super Viper in 10x42 or 40 with AAA++ (Leup level) grade lens for greater res and more DOF as you cant beat MTC for customer service and sensible prices!
    Cheers
    Rog

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!

Peek

Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post
    Good review, Ryan, and a very tempting investment, as my eyes are not too great and I find the most important factor is the resolution so I can see what is a kill zone and what is just pellet marks. I am also red-green colour blind so every little helps! I hope to have a peek through the Leup sometime soon, if that's alright with you. I spoke to Pete about obtaining one but at the Leup price, I need to look through one first and be sure that I can get on with the ret! Hopefully, I will come up to Kibworth on the 26th but I cant confirm yet. I had a Falcon Menace with a 0.5 mildot ret for a few days, but couldnt get on with the ret or the slightly soft resolution, compared to the EB Sniper res (best) or MTC(very close 2nd). The SCB ret is still my favourite by far!!!! Plenty of aim points, easy to see against dark backgrounds, (you can even light it up!)but not too cluttered. Don't like the EB mildots, but like the DOF and optical resolution. Would really love a Premium Super Viper in 10x42 or 40 with AAA++ (Leup level) grade lens for greater res and more DOF as you cant beat MTC for customer service and sensible prices!
    Cheers
    Rog
    You're more than welcome to mate, I've got a 3.5-10 mil dot MK4 on my Elan which'll give you a good idea on the difference in ret. It's always best to try a few before you buy especially when you're spending so much cash!

A premium super Viper would be something I'd be very interested in as well for the same reasons as you.

I'll be at the Diabolical too if you can make it?

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    You're more than welcome to mate, I've got a 3.5-10 mil dot MK4 on my Elan which'll give you a good idea on the difference in ret. It's always best to try a few before you buy especially when you're spending so much cash!

A premium super Viper would be something I'd be very interested in as well for the same reasons as you.

I'll be at the Diabolical too if you can make it?

Ryan
    Very kind offer, thanks. I may be up at The Diabolical so I could have a look at the 10x40 then. I am not really a mildot fan, so I am trying to look through as many tactical-type rets as possible. PS Do you think we could have a BBS poll for a Super Viper or wouldn't it be allowed?

Super Viper

Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post
    Very kind offer, thanks. I may be up at The Diabolical so I could have a look at the 10x40 then. I am not really a mildot fan, so I am trying to look through as many tactical-type rets as possible. PS Do you think we could have a BBS poll for a Super Viper or wouldn't it be allowed?
    Have a word with Gary.C mate, if enough people ask and he thinks there is a enough demand I'm sure either him or Sammie would look into it.

I'll more than likely have both with me on Sunday so just give me a shout when we finish.

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    Have a word with Gary.C mate, if enough people ask and he thinks there is a enough demand I'm sure either him or Sammie would look into it.

I'll more than likely have both with me on Sunday so just give me a shout when we finish.

Ryan
    Spoke about it to Sammie last week and have PM'd Gary about this thread. Fingers crossed!

BTW, is this Leup a 30mm tube, or 1"?

I'm looking for a 1" tube 10 x40/42 with 1/2 mil dot/TMR type ret, as I like to keep my mounts/scope as low as poss for HFT- can't seem to get 30mm mounts that go as low as 1" low mounts..

Derek
    Daystate Merlyn LE#12+Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 MC
    AA400 carbine, Zeiler 8-32x44
    Swallows FTC. 'darn 'sarf..

Tube

Quote Originally Posted by derek austin View Post
    BTW, is this Leup a 30mm tube, or 1"?

I'm looking for a 1" tube 10 x40/42 with 1/2 mil dot/TMR type ret, as I like to keep my mounts/scope as low as poss for HFT- can't seem to get 30mm mounts that go as low as 1" low mounts..

Derek
    It's 30mm and I use these mounts, item number 250202827818 but in silver. I've not seen any lower.

Ryan