Thread: Optisan 8x42

Optisan 8x42

Got a set of Optisan 8x42 "Open Hinge Tech" binoculars here I have been using a few weeks, they are the best I have ever looked through, I dont sell these and I aint even sure they are going to be available but if they ever are try to get a look!

I aint just saying this, I speak the truth and even though this is my opinion I have found exactly the same opinions from others who have looked through them, grudgingly by a few people that think the name on any optic is the most important thing

These look very similar to a very famous make to look at and to be honest to look through too, the resolution, clarity and brightness is second to nothing I have used before and that includes Swarovski and Zeiss

I am selling my previous "best" binos which I paid over £400 for, they are excellent all Japanese "Avian" 10x42 which although very nice cannot match these from MTC

Everything works so smoothly, you can set the focus for each eye by using the focus ring, which clicks back into position and never needs adjusting again unless another user borrows them, very simple and very clever to use

I have no idea of the price these would be but I imagine not cheap, I am hoping Gary forgets I have them
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

Nowhere near Stowmarket Suffolk thank god
    I hope he hurries and puts them on the market

As far as I know he has only got a few pairs for mates of his, they really are that good it will be shame if he cant make them available, worth a call to MTC if anyone is interested
    Baz

I wish we could Baz but the problem is minumum buy of 80 and they would retail at a couple of hundred each.

We have 5 pairs of 8x25 hunting binos left at £50, you took everything else we had

Thats a shame Gary, they really are outstanding
    Baz

these binoculars are available here http://www.birdnet.co.uk/binoculars/optisan.html

Buy a pair, outstanding optics
    Baz

Hi Baz,

I can appreciate this is no going to be easy to answer but I'll give it a go.
    Optical quality, would you guess that the quality is good across the range of binoculars or just simply the EL copies?
    I am looking at a set of 10x42 watersport having sold my swarovski for a set of Optimic which are very good. The price of these watersport binoculars is very attractive esp. if the optical quality is equal to the open hinge ones you have tested.

Thanks

John

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    I wish we could Baz but the problem is minumum buy of 80 and they would retail at a couple of hundred each.

We have 5 pairs of 8x25 hunting binos left at £50, you took everything else we had
    Mr Shady
    welcome back,surely if these binos are as good as the claims Baz is making 80 pairs would fly off the shelf remember there are a lot of people out there willing (or having ) to pay £1000+ for quality Binos
    Do me a favour bring them up to the Gamefair and a allow me to have a look
    give you honest opinion from a stalking point of view then we can discuss how to shift em
    Atvb Pierre

Everybody who has looked through mine has rated them highly, Chris O isnt exactly easy to please and is a big S&B fan but even he was gobsmacked with the clarity of these, and would buy a set or maybe two

I believe there may have been a bit of an issue with another maker but the shop in the link seems to be selling them

I especially like the fact they are very "spectacle friendly" for those of us who wear glasses too
    Baz

slim,
    have you thought about taking deposites to cover say a quarter?or asking shops that trust you to put funds up front?
    just a idea fella.
    atb

Thumbs up i'm in

I'd be in for a pair if the price were about £150...is that doable? Might as well start the ball rolling here...anyone else?
    Marksmanship = Accuracy, Consistency, Observation and a little of The Force
    SharpshootingUK www.sharpshootinguk.com

They'll be at the gamefair + the 8x24 hunting binos at £49 or so

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    They'll be at the gamefair + the 8x24 hunting binos at £49 or so
    see you there mate