Thread: Barrel Cleaning

Question Barrel Cleaning

Hi All I know many people think differently on barrel cleaning, but I have just recently got some VFG bore cleaning paste {blue and was wondering if any of you have used it, it would be nice to know your comments on it. good or bad.
    I shoot .22 small bore Targets. Should I use it or not

I wouldn't bother. It's really of use for stubborn deposits whoch you just don't get from 22LR.

Thanks for your info I was a bit suspicious when the vfg felts came out jet black, I have always cleaned the barrel after every shoot with Break Free oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo 1 View Post
    Thanks for your info I was a bit suspicious when the vfg felts came out jet black, I have always cleaned the barrel after every shoot with Break Free oil.
    The VFG felts are the best way I've found to clean a barrel (I only shoot Air Rifles). You can easily overdo the paste which can destroy the choke if used regularly. If you've had success with the Break free oil then put a few drops on a VFG felt & rod it with that, I use felts soaked in pellet lube which cleans the barrel without too much abrasion.

kieran turner is offline I GOT SHOT......IN THE BUTTOCKS

I also use the VFG felts for regular cleaning, but still give the bore a good scrub every few months with a bronze brush. Concentrate particularly on the area imediately in front of the chamber, as this is where propellant will accumulate (particularly if you use a fired case for dry fire practice). I have heard good things about CLP (Break Free) but I still use 009!

Dom.