Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quietening down an ABS Jackal stock.

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    I've considered in getting a gas-ram fitted to one of mine, but like you said it does come at cost. Never shot a gas ram it supposed to have a totally different shooting characteristics to a springer?
    Try it Pad mate,I reckon you will be impressed.I was when I tried one.I like the action of gas ram rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by R. P. McMurphy View Post
    Try it Pad mate,I reckon you will be impressed.I was when I tried one.I like the action of gas ram rifles.
    I did toy about doing it to my first Jackal as it's already low on power & needs a service. However I was put off doing it to that one as already stated that it changes it's shooting charactistics. That said I have a few more that I could choose from . Just a case of putting my hand in my wallet

As to original thread the resonating noise doesn't bother me, that said I can understand in the hunting situation. I've already stated that the foams does help a little, but anti-bear trap is louder when cocking & they can be very twangy, some of mine are & others not. The quitest ones are one fitted with a spring shroud >HERE WITH< & >HERE WITHOUT<

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

How about gas ramming your Mistral Pad mate?

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by R. P. McMurphy View Post

Why how do gas rams differ from Springers?? Can't say I've noticed although they do, OR at least the ones I've shot seem to have a faster lock time in relation to similar springers. So should imrove accuracy. BUT WHAT ELSE DIFFERS.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    Why how do gas rams differ from Springers?? Can't say I've noticed although they do, OR at least the ones I've shot seem to have a faster lock time in relation to similar springers. So should imrove accuracy. BUT WHAT ELSE DIFFERS.
    Right,this is only my opinion and so others may say I am talking out of me jacksie but gas rams to me feel like they only recoil one way,I say feel.Where as springers have what some call double recoil.As you say the lock time is very quick too! They sort of feel like an expert tuned springer,I cannot really explain it but I like em.Ive only tried an evolution and I was mega impressed.I would love to try a gas ram underlever= SLR98 ect!

Hi Gary.

I asked about gas-rams for jackals not long back. >HERE<. Some of the replies you might find useful.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Hi Gary.

I asked about gas-rams for jackals not long back. >HERE<. Some of the replies you might find useful.

Regards
    Paddy.
    Cheers young Pad, as usual you are a mine of GOOD INFORMATION .
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    http://www.airgunbuyer.com/Showprodu...n%20Gas%20Rams

If you want an aftermarket ram then it may be adviseable to get one while you can. Personally, I reckon that the best way to keep all that nasty resonance at bay on a Jackal would be to leave the bloody awful thing in the gun rack!

Pad.E,
    if you want to try a gasram to give you an idea what they are like then collar me at Kibworth next weekend.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post

If you want an aftermarket ram then it may be adviseable to get one while you can. Personally, I reckon that the best way to keep all that nasty resonance at bay on a Jackal would be to leave the bloody awful thing in the gun rack!

HOW VERY DARE YOU!

Pad.E,
    if you want to try a gasram to give you an idea what they are like then collar me at Kibworth next weekend.
    However I'd like to take you up on that, thanks
    BE-HAPPY-OK

However I'd like to take you up on that, thanks

You will be more than welcome.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Pad.E,

Look forward to meeting you as well Chris oh fellow angler and hiker, Sir Clifford and myself will be there as well, we'll be the the two BIG DUMB LOOKING FOOKERS pinching Pad E's Jackals .

Look forward to meeting you as well Chris oh fellow angler and hiker, Sir Clifford and myself will be there as well, we'll be the the two BIG DUMB LOOKING FOOKERS pinching Pad E's Jackals .
    I've met you before, you just didn't know it. Tawd Vale when you were both flipping burgers and someone got a wasp sting in the trap. Things were a little too hectic for you so I didn't interupt other than to ask someone for a burger. I shall look out for you and say hello properly at Kibworth.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

I've met you before, you just didn't know it. Tawd Vale when you were both flipping burgers and someone got a wasp sting in the trap. Things were a little too hectic for you so I didn't interupt other than to ask someone for a burger. I shall look out for you and say hello properly at Kibworth.
    And you didn't let on , oh well we'll make up for that next week Christopher , I'll just look for a fellow dumb looking fooker wearing Alt Bergs and carrying a period air rifle .

And you didn't let on , oh well we'll make up for that next week Christopher , I'll just look for a fellow dumb looking fooker wearing Alt Bergs and carrying a period air rifle .
    See, you have met me before.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

See, you have met me before.

You are a man after my own heart , nice one Chris.