Thread: what to do

minoka123 Guest

Question what to do

i fire airrifles from my left shoulder but am right handed i want to buy a rifle and have noticed most are right handed do you think i should not buy a right handed and buy left only or ambi....... i have not fired a airrifle for 20 years and never noticed the guns i fired were right or left handed

Flannelmeister is offline If I'm not on here I'm in the shed
    If you want a left-handed PCP rifle I have a nice little Falcon FN19 going cheap, and as you are a noobie/returner to air rifles I'll knock a bit more off for you

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249194
    .177 HW97K
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

i think youll find quite a bit of difference using the left hand stock i used to shoot a right hand stocked rifle left handed then swapped to a lefty and i wont be going back
    l/h bsa s10 24" barrel and hw silencer bsa s10 19" barrel hw silencer and nc-03 nv
    http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj41/gunpowerchris_2008/13022008020.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by minoka123 View Post
    i fire airrifles from my left shoulder but am right handed i want to buy a rifle and have noticed most are right handed do you think i should not buy a right handed and buy left only or ambi....... i have not fired a airrifle for 20 years and never noticed the guns i fired were right or left handed
    Like you, i used shoot left handed ( i am a R/H'er) but this was only because my left eye was strongest of the two. Since having lenses implanted in both eyes, i can now shoot right handed.

So, you could go down one of two roads here ;

A: Simply buy an ambi stock - that way you are set up for whichever hand you want to shoot with.

B: Bite the bullet and have a go at designing and making one yourself, that way it will be made by you, for you - a very personal and unique (to you) piece of kit.

If it helps, I chose option B, simply because although i already had a beech traditional style ambi stock (so i didn't need option A) it it wasn't what i wanted in my heart - a dedicated R/H walnut thumbhole stock.

Hope that helps?

Cheers,
    One Shot.
    "Some can brighten a room when they enter it . . . others, can do so when they leave it . . ."

minoka123 Guest

Question

how do you you go about designing and making one yourself,as im thinking about buying a second hand tx200 how would i go about designing and making a stock for myself if i was to buy this gun ,can i replace the stock on most airrifles
    Last edited by minoka123; 16-01-2008 at 09:55 PM.