Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My HW silencer is empty!

My HW silencer is empty!

Hi, just got a new HW95K, took the silencer off to clean any oil out of the barrel and noticed the silencer was completely empty. The HW silencer on my screw cut Rapid has two washers/baffles,three hair curlers and the wadding. Are the silencers fitted to springers different. No need for any internals because there's not such an air blast compared to a PCP. I say this because it's still very quiet. Anyone else got one like this or has my HW dropped it's guts!!
    I will ring the shop and/or Hull Cartridge tomorrow thought i'd ask you lot first.
    Regards Derek.

Quote Originally Posted by DEL67 View Post
    Hi, just got a new HW95K, took the silencer off to clean any oil out of the barrel and noticed the silencer was completely empty. The HW silencer on my screw cut Rapid has two washers/baffles,three hair curlers and the wadding. Are the silencers fitted to springers different. No need for any internals because there's not such an air blast compared to a PCP. I say this because it's still very quiet. Anyone else got one like this or has my HW dropped it's guts!!
    I will ring the shop and/or Hull Cartridge tomorrow thought i'd ask you lot first.
    Regards Derek.
    if it came with the gun brand new i would suggest its a barrel weight not a silencer?
    Last edited by ROB9509; 06-01-2008 at 09:39 PM.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I am very interested in hearing what other people have to say.

For some reason I have thought about this because I am thinking about buying a 95K with silencer.

But it is the same price as a silencer more, so I would expect it to be the same silencer as they sell.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by ROB9509 View Post
    if it came with the gun brand new i would suggest its a barrel weight not a silencer!
    It's 100% definately a HW silencer but with no guts. I think it's got to be a mistake but you never know.
    Derek.

I opened mine (came with the 95k) up recently out of curiosity after the end cap jobber worked loose and it had some of my Nan's pink hair curlers and some cotten wool around it.

If that helps, I'm glad!
    Glevum Target & Sport Club
    http://www.glevumtarget.co.uk/
    Gloucestershire

Were you expecting it to be full of noise?

Sorry
    Now got a Lazaglide, the search is over.

Quote Originally Posted by davy jones View Post
    Were you expecting it to be full of noise?

Sorry

Actually I was hoping a hand full of these may jump out!
    Glevum Target & Sport Club
    http://www.glevumtarget.co.uk/
    Gloucestershire

Fluffybuck is offline Member of the .25 cal fan club
    I have a six-month-old HW95K. It's the new version with short (12") barrel.
    The silencer with mine is a standard HW 1/2" UNF - and the gun is very quiet as a result.
    I bought my HW95K from AGC in Essex. At the time, the short HW95K was fairly new in stock and they were selling the short HW95K's with, or without the silencer. So I paid about £195 for gun (same as the old muzzle weight version) and about £35 for silencer as an extra.
    I assume the silencer fitted to mine is the one shipped with the gun from the factory, since it would be more hassle for AGC to try to sell an un-boxed HW silencer.

I think your hollow silencer must be a dud.
    Send it back!

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybuck View Post
    I have a six-month-old HW95K. It's the new version with short (12") barrel.
    The silencer with mine is a standard HW 1/2" UNF - and the gun is very quiet as a result.
    I bought my HW95K from AGC in Essex. At the time, the short HW95K was fairly new in stock and they were selling the short HW95K's with, or without the silencer. So I paid about £195 for gun (same as the old muzzle weight version) and about £35 for silencer as an extra.
    I assume the silencer fitted to mine is the one shipped with the gun from the factory, since it would be more hassle for AGC to try to sell an un-boxed HW silencer.

I think your hollow silencer must be a dud.
    Send it back!
    Yes, i think it's a dud also. It'll be interesting to see if there's any difference with the internals in place because i can't here any muzzle blast as it is.
    Regards Derek.

Quote Originally Posted by DEL67 View Post
    Yes, i think it's a dud also. It'll be interesting to see if there's any difference with the internals in place because i can't here any muzzle blast as it is.
    Regards Derek.
    There is a 1/4 of the air coming from a springer.

Try it on a PCP and then let us know if the internals make a difference.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    There is a 1/4 of the air coming from a springer.

Try it on a PCP and then let us know if the internals make a difference.
    Yup, tried it, does make a noticable difference. Interesting fact there, you'd think the same amount of air was needed but this proves otherwise.

how do you go about taking the front piece off? i can get the back half off fine but am unable to twist the front in the same way to loosen it? is there any tools needed?
    cheers
    BSA Ultra .177 single shot daystate x2 falcon optics 4-14 x 44 BSA lightning .22 HW45 with Simmons prohunter 4x32 (yes it does have a scope )

a big allen key,either 8 or 10 mm

Quote Originally Posted by wandowski View Post
    Is this the one where it takes a Tork bit and not an Allen key?????????????

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

Quote Originally Posted by wandowski View Post
    Its a Torx 45.
    Master Debater