Thread: Scope mounts, problem

Thumbs down Scope mounts, problem

Hi there, just got a second hand scope complete with mounts, but appers this will not fit my Webley Stingray II. The mounts arnt high enough to allow the parralax to be adjusted, its just pushed against the rifle, so im assuming i need bigger mounts, but where from and what sort, and where do I measure these mounts from to determine wat size these are.

It would help if you told us which scope you have.
    Now got a Lazaglide, the search is over.

Scope is an MTC Cobra 3-9x42 AO mil dot, i dont know what mounts are on it, but they arnt big enough ie. high enough off my gun.

Huntsman07 is offline I'm just a pecker who lives in the hills with too many guns.
    well your lense is 42 mm , you can actually get 45mm mounts, two piece i would get, but if you require extra space get the 56mm high mounts, you can get these of jsr for £14 called accushot if the scope tube is 1inch you will need 1 inch mounts if it is 30mm you will need 30mm mounts your rifle i think has standard 11mm dovetails so look on jsr

P.s did you get the foresight off

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman07 View Post
    well your lense is 42 mm , you can actually get 45mm mounts, two piece i would get, but if you require extra space get the 56mm high mounts, you can get these of jsr for £14 called accushot if the scope tube is 1inch you will need 1 inch mounts if it is 30mm you will need 30mm mounts your rifle i think has standard 11mm dovetails so look on jsr

P.s did you get the foresight off
    Couldnt get the foresight off even with heating the barrel, and the rearsight comes off but it has a screwthread sticking up out of the gun with no perceiveable was of removing it, bit weird, so left it on atm, are these 56mm high mounts difficult to get or do you think my local gun shop might have them?

local gun shop should have the mounts.....
    ask for high mounts
    theres another one for the pot !

Just roughly measured it, am i measuring the whole of the mount, if so its 45mm so therefore i'll need the 56mm, it seems to also be a 1" tube, i'll give the gun shop a call tomorrow, if they have one i'll ask them to put aside til sat so then can get the gun set up on sat and zeroed hopefully, got all day to chuck a bit of lead in the garden, prolly end up on here on sat having probs zeroing it.

Huntsman07 is offline I'm just a pecker who lives in the hills with too many guns.
    yeh like already said he should have them, do you know what size scope tube it is, because you might have to tell him that if he doesnt know

well i was told could only be 1" or 30mm its not 30mm, its smaller, so must be an inch looks on my old ruler 2.5cm, and an in is 2.4 so its prolly an inch, ill take the scope up there when i go anyway.

Have you received my pm.

Rick
    CZ 452 .22 Tikka T3 Varmint Stainless .223
    Zabala 12 bore.

Yeah, just, did you mean help with this? If so i think i'll be ok with it now thanks will take it to the gun shop.

Matt

I have some spare mounts and would be able to help you set your gun up.Might also be able to help with removal of your iron sights.

Rick.
    CZ 452 .22 Tikka T3 Varmint Stainless .223
    Zabala 12 bore.

The mounts are Sportsmatch Mediums, so either Sportsmatch Highs or BKL mediums should do the trick.

Kev

PS I know what the mounts are as I gave Matt the scope, before all the questioning starts as to how I know what he mounts are.