Thread: Bisley Pest Control for ratting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by days968 View Post
    always used powerpells.never missed and a clean kill in 22
    Just worried with a pointed pellet it will over penetrate

i have an fac rapid and use bis PC for rats and feral pigeons in barns at 10 to 25 yards their perfect after that they tend to wander a bit. I normally use aa field but they always over penetrate sub 25 yards

I shot a rat the other week with accupels in my garden from a prone position, i thought it hadnt over penetrated until i checked the area afterwards and found the pellet lodged in the fence panel, gone straight through the head and into the fence 5 yards behind

Fluffybuck is offline Member of the .25 cal fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by somnophore View Post
    I shot a rat the other week with accupels in my garden from a prone position, i thought it hadnt over penetrated until i checked the area afterwards and found the pellet lodged in the fence panel, gone straight through the head and into the fence 5 yards behind
    Did it kill the rat? If it did, even though you had "overpenetration", it was not a problem.
    Almost any pellet at close range can pass straight through, so you'll be wanting a safe backstop if you want to avoid damage to nearby objects (or ricochets ).

Oh yeah it killed the rat instantly, well apart from a tiny bit of twitching, but thats normal, yeah i'll probably just start shooting from standing/rested because then if it penetrates it will just go down into the mud at that angle.

Use .22 RWS Super H Point in AA410, no problem with accuracy out to 20yds, furthest I've tried! Instant kill with headshot plus 1 I hit in the body pegged out without a squeak!