Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Meopta Meostar R1 4-16X44 Tactical

A big thumbs-up for EuroOptics.com from me. I just bought a Meopta Meostar 3-12x56 for my .223 from Alex Roy, and the price was satisfyingly cheap. The company is easy to deal with - I'll be ordering from them again.

Amen.... from a previous happy customer.

Derek
    Daystate Merlyn LE#12+Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 MC
    AA400 carbine, Zeiler 8-32x44
    Swallows FTC. 'darn 'sarf..

Yay

Meostar R1 4-16x44 Mil dot arrived this morning. What a class bit of kit, build quality top notch. I especially like the rubber on the front to aid grip when adjusting parralax. Initial comparison against my zeiss conquest and lightstream.... Glass is as good as both. Its absolutely crystal at 10 yds when adjusted. Zeiss is parralaxed for 30 minimum, so guess I will be using it for hft instead of the zeiss. Only reservation I have is the turrets are not covered.
    All in all another eurooptic.om happy customer

[QUOTE=Br0dy;2448646]Meostar R1 4-16x44 Mil dot arrived this morning. What a class bit of kit, build quality top notch. I especially like the rubber on the front to aid grip when adjusting parralax. Initial comparison against my zeiss conquest and lightstream.... Glass is as good as both. Its absolutely crystal at 10 yds when adjusted.

Do you mean you've reparallaxed it, or just that you've turned the mag down to see at 10 yards?

What's the min distance in real focus at, say 10-12X?

Sounds good!

Derek

Paul. is offline Drinks rum like a Fella.....
    Quote Originally Posted by derek austin View Post

Do you mean you've reparallaxed it, or just that you've turned the mag down to see at 10 yards?

What's the min distance in real focus at, say 10-12X?

Sounds good!

Derek
    The adjustable px go's right down, I will check later Derek to see wht the minium usable distance is.
    Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves.

https://i.imgflip.com/16hkwb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Paul. View Post
    I cannot believe The mildot Zeis conquest 6.5-20x50 was $600?
    No, but the basic Conquest 4.4-14 xx 44 MC was though.

Derek

Received my R1 a few days ago.

First impressions :

• Scope seems well built. On par with my Leupold 6.5-20x40 EFR on that point.
    • The R1 is heavier than the Leup, but I think that it should be as it is larger than the Leup.
    • The reticle is quite a lot thicker than those of the Leup, except for the part with the mill-diamonds. Mill-diamonds are wery sharp and distinct. Easy to find the center (horisontally as well as vertically) of the dots.
    • The Front Parallax adjustment is somewhat difficult as the parallax ring is quite tight. The ring must be turned in the opposite direction of the Leup to adjust in the same direction. It would be rather hard to adjust parallax if the rubber ring hadn't been there. Maybe usage will 'soften' this 'problem'.
    • The Parallax ring has a distinct STOP at each end of the scale as opposed to the Leup. I like that.
    • The tactical click-towers has somewhat less tight 'locking' when clicking/turning up/down or sideways which might cause some unintended / unawares "clicking" during transportation or in other situations that might affect the towers. Apart from that, the towers are very nice to operate.
    • Looking through the scopes :
      The R1 has a wider field of view than that of the Leup and also seems somewhat clearer, but it is hard for me to say at present. Needs more testing.

I'll be back, when I have had a chance to compare the two scopes at the 200 meter range.
    Last edited by bjarup; 07-02-2008 at 11:52 AM. Reason: spelling
    I'm a programmer and I'm OK, I work all night and I work all day...

I received my Meostar R1 3-12x56 from Euro Optics yesterday. It's a work of art, and the optics are just as clear as my two older Meoptas, i.e. extremely clear. It will be just the job on my fox rifle.

I'd recommend the service from Euro Optic.

Mine finally arrived today - Black instead of the Silver I ordered, not that I'm complaining. Fanatastic scope - just a shame about Parcelfarce sitting on it for a week and the VAT/Duty.

Paul. is offline Drinks rum like a Fella.....
    Quote Originally Posted by bjarup View Post
    Received my R1 a few days ago.

First impressions :

• Scope seems well built. On par with my Leupold 6.5-20x40 EFR on that point.
    • The R1 is heavier than the Leup, but I think that it should be as it is larger than the Leup.
    • The reticle is quite a lot thicker than those of the Leup, except for the part with the mill-diamonds. Mill-diamonds are wery sharp and distinct. Easy to find the center (horisontally as well as vertically) of the dots.
    • The Front Parallax adjustment is somewhat difficult as the parallax ring is quite tight. The ring must be turned in the opposite direction of the Leup to adjust in the same direction. It would be rather hard to adjust parallax if the rubber ring hadn't been there. Maybe usage will 'soften' this 'problem'.
    • The Parallax ring has a distinct STOP at each end of the scale as opposed to the Leup. I like that.
    • The tactical click-towers has somewhat less tight 'locking' when clicking/turning up/down or sideways which might cause some unintended / unawares "clicking" during transportation or in other situations that might affect the towers. Apart from that, the towers are very nice to operate.
    • Looking through the scopes :
      The R1 has a wider field of view than that of the Leup and also seems somewhat clearer, but it is hard for me to say at present. Needs more testing.

I'll be back, when I have had a chance to compare the two scopes at the 200 meter range.
    Any futher tests yet bud?

I am very impressed with mine still. Not had any dramas with accidental turret turning. Awesome optics! Alex has put the price back up to between $675 - $900 for the same model now dependant on ret.
    Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves.

https://i.imgflip.com/16hkwb.jpg