Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meopta Meostar R1 4-16X44 Tactical

Paul. is offline Drinks rum like a Fella.....

Meopta Meostar R1 4-16X44 Tactical

Photos first:

Box

Scope

Zoom

Tact turrets

PX Adj

Mounted on rifle

Front view

Rear view

Build quality exellent. Glass is on par with the Zeiss Conquest. 30mm tube. The mildots are on the 2nd focal plain (They do not "grow" as you zoom in). Smooth front PX. Zoom ring is like glass when you adjust. PX from 10yds to infinity. Zoom is crystal all the way through the range at all distances even at 15yds, seriously impressed with that. Mildots are a diamond shape, not too keen on how fine the cross hair is but time will tell. The scope caps supplied with it are completely made of rubber so they are a bit mickey mouse, will bin them for BC's though. Turrets have positive "clicks" when adjusting. Over all I am very impressed with the optics, they are definately on par with the Zeiss, and a country mile better than the VXIII 6.5-20X50, 30mm.

Have not tested it under a lamp yet but when I do I will let you know how it is.

Manufacurers blurb:

Meopta Meostar R1 4-16X44 Tactical

Zeiss Leupold and Meopta if anyone wants a comparison.
    Last edited by Paul.; 16-01-2008 at 04:48 PM.
    Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves.

https://i.imgflip.com/16hkwb.jpg

Nice review Paul, you have some nice scopes there.

As you have a Zeiss Conquest and a Meopta Tactic, are they very similar?

I have read on some optics forums that Meopta manufactures bits for the Zeiss Conquest range...

I have had the Zeiss Conquests before (4.5-14x44 and 4.5-14x50) and was always intrigued by this Meopta.

Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post
    Nice review Paul, you have some nice scopes there.

As you have a Zeiss Conquest and a Meopta Tactic, are they very similar?

I have read on some optics forums that Meopta manufactures bits for the Zeiss Conquest range...

I have had the Zeiss Conquests before (4.5-14x44 and 4.5-14x50) and was always intrigued by this Meopta.
    Very similar Nurek, the glass on both is exellent. I have not yet had chance to do an in depth comparison but when I can I will let you know.

For the HFT lads this scope is ideal, px's down to 10yds and at $525 its a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul. View Post
    Very similar Nurek, the glass on both is exellent. I have not yet had chance to do an in depth comparison but when I can I will let you know.

For the HFT lads this scope is ideal, px's down to 10yds and at $525 its a bargain.
    Thanks for that.

Eurooptics Alex is a good bloke to deal with although he has put his prices up recently (I bough the Zeiss from him about 2 years ago).

As for Meopta for HFT, well the glass is good but the mil dots are true at 16x I believe, so not very useful for hold over, hence I chose the Conquest which isn't ideal either but the dots are closer together and I knew the glass would be good.

The new Conquests with Rapid Z reticules look interesting though

I was thinking more of the clarity at minimum distances, but I know nothing of HFT so I bow to your knowledge Nurek. Fantastic glass all the same, gets my recomendation so far!

I heard a rumour that the glass in the Meopta is the same as in the Zeiss Conquest..don't know if it's true though.

Like the sound of a 10 yard parallax..only prob with my Conquest is that you can't reparallax it down lower than the factory 30yds: factory job only, apparently, and the US factory at that..

Derek
    Daystate Merlyn LE#12+Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 MC
    AA400 carbine, Zeiler 8-32x44
    Swallows FTC. 'darn 'sarf..

The man who operates www.actionoptics.co.uk said Meopta make the glass for Zeiss. And he should know.

Quote Originally Posted by jackg View Post
    The man who operates www.actionoptics.co.uk said Meopta make the glass for Zeiss. And he should know.
    Did not get to test it last night, hopefully this weekend now guys buy I will take some more pics and see how the scope performs.

Fist chance I have had to use the Meopta at night tonight. I was initially concerned with the fine cross hair. A while ago I had a Leupold VXIII with a varmint hunter ret, I could not get on with it. The Meopta ret is as fine but the light gathering of the scope is imense! Very usable under the Lighforce 170. Zero'ing was a bit fun to start with as the turrets do not have an idiots guide i.e. U D, L R so I used the same directions as the Zeiss. Sod's law it was opposite. Anyway after a few rounds it was bang on.

Took the rifle out into another field, pop'd a couple of Rabbits, nothing special only 80-90yds but it proved the scope. I would fully recomend this scope to anyone looking for new optics and can say hand on heart it is just as good if not better than most x50 supposedly mid to top brands. On par with my Zeiss and as stated before a full country mile in my opinion better than the Leupold.

Impressed is an understatement.

(The supplied lense caps are cr@p )

These scopes are the mutts nuts, ive got a couple and they are just as good as the Zeiss conquest.

Very good glass and build quality.

Quote Originally Posted by kaleiderscope View Post
    These scopes are the mutts nuts, ive got a couple and they are just as good as the Zeiss conquest.

I agree with that 100%

Quote Originally Posted by kaleiderscope View Post

How do they compare re price? The Conquest is pretty 'reasonable' from Eurooptics.

Derek
    Daystate Merlyn LE#12+Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 MC
    AA400 carbine, Zeiler 8-32x44
    Swallows FTC. 'darn 'sarf..

Quote Originally Posted by derek austin View Post
    How do they compare re price? The Conquest is pretty 'reasonable' from Eurooptics.

Derek
    Zeiss Conquest $750-800, Meostar R1 $525, Shipping $60.

reading this with great interest paul,lovely looking scope.it would look nice on top of my stainless savage,price works out at £299 so good,i was looking at baldies burris which is the same price,the only thing putting me off is the front p/a
    here for a good time not a long time

Darrel shame your not closer mate, you could have a look. If you want specific info let me know, the front pa really is not an issue. These are on special offer at the minute reduced from $800 odd dollars