Thread: What are these Webley pistols worth?

What are these Webley pistols worth?

Hi everybody, im after a bit more information, Ive got some Webley pistols and out of interest was wondering what they are worth,
    1st is a mint webley senior slanted grips approx 1952 with the original box the bag of pellets that come with it, packet of original breech seals with the brass inserts, the original breech seal fitting tool, pair of piston rings, and both calibre barrels in .177 and .22.
    2nd a mint Webley premier mk1 with the original box and again both barrels in .177 and .22.
    3rd a late Webley MK1 with the push button barrel release above the barrel not the stirup type like on the others in good condition no box.
    4th a Webley junior mk2 in good condition no box.
    and finally an early 80s tempest in good condition again no box
    Thanks alot for any information given ....Andy
    Last edited by airgunner.177; 19-01-2008 at 11:10 AM.

hi andy,

i think you have struck gold there mate! folk on here will give you better info but you have well over a £1000 worth of stuff there. good luck with it.

cheers,
    dave

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DCL_dave View Post
    hi andy,

i think you have struck gold there mate! folk on here will give you better info but you have well over a £1000 worth of stuff there. good luck with it.

cheers,
    dave
    Thanks for the reply Dave.

tomgriffin is offline I just have the empty tin...
    I dont have a clue what the boxed ones are worth but if I were an avid collector I would definately buy them

Just out of interest, do you have any pictures?

I might be interested in one of the older pistols to kick start my collection It just depends how much they are

You have a real gold mine there PS, is our deal still alright?
    If you choke a smurf, what colour does it turn?
    We Are Tottenham! Super Tottenham! We Are Tottenham From The Lane!

pistols

Hi Tom there all boxed up ready for posting mate just let me know when your ready, Dont really know weather i want to sell any of the pistols just wanted some advise on what they are worth, cheers Andy

edited, see below.
    Last edited by DCL_dave; 18-01-2008 at 08:10 PM.

as it's been pointed out to me by one concerned forum member via pm, it would appear my valuations were wildly wrong. so i have edited my posts and this will bump to the top so the original posters questions can be seen for the consideration of those better able to give more accurate valuations and advice.

please accept my apologies to all concerned.

cheers,
    dave

Values Please

Come on chaps what are the pistols worth, does anybody know?

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    I odn't 'know' either but I would hazard a guess of £150-80 each for all the boxed pistols IF in extremely good condition, and say £70 for the Junior and unboxed Mk1. Oh and £50-60 for the Tempest depeding on condition.

Valuations

Hi Andy,

One persons opinion of good condition is not the same as anothers, post some good pictures on here and you will get a relatively accurate valuation from some of the very knowledgeable collectors on here.

Please bear in mind that none of your pistols are rare, but that is not to say that they are not valuable to the right person, so get busy with the digital camera.

Kind regards

Robin.

damn it!...i'm going to post this estimated valuation again because it seems to be the main point of contention, but please understand that it is only my opinion and opinion _is_ subjective so, like airgunner.177, i would like to know what more learned folk have to say aswell!

Andy, as stated before, i speed read your post and thought you had 4 boxed pistols not 2, apologies for my carelessness.

mint boxed senior with all the extras = £350 - £450 if truly in absolutely 100% original mint condition! mint meaning as new, not a mark on it, not even the tiniest blemish, certainly no dulled areas in the blueing where the pistol has laid on it side for instance...i should think that webley pistols matching this description of "mint" have allways, and will allways be worth a lot more than even extremely good examples because they must be very rare! how often would a truly mint (by this definition) example of this pistol come onto the open market? and how many collectors would give their high teeth to own it? and more importantly what would they be willing to pay for what would be a dream addition to their collection?...remember, £300 for a book about their dream pistol is not unheard of!

so, andy, when you say mint do you actually mean mint by this definition?

is my definition of mint even feasible? would a pistol matching this mint description even exist after all this time? or does mint actually mean extremely good with some allowance for age?...because it doesn't in my dictionary!

indeed, should one be suspicious of a pistol matching this description of mint as the possibility of it having been polished and re blued in it's recent history is possible and therefore something to factor into the equation...and how would one tell? (andy, please don't take offence because absolutely nothing is implied

i would appreciate your thoughts, please. good or bad, crucify me if you wish...

cheers all,
    dave
    Last edited by DCL_dave; 19-01-2008 at 12:50 PM.

If it helps I would give the following ROUGH valuations based on the descriptions alone (ie no detailed pictures to go on)

Mint Senior - 300-350 pounds (possibly slightly higher if truely mint)

Mint Webley Premier Mk1 - 250-280 pounds

Mk 1 - No Box - up to 180 pounds ( depending on condition)

Junior Pistol -No Box - up to 130 pounds ( depending on condition)

Webley Tempest - No Box - 80-130 pounds ( depending on condition)

Obviously to make the upper limits the guns (and boxes) would have to be mint or really very good.

These prices are given with the guns unseen so are only approximate.

Lakey

Pistols

Thanks everybody for your help its much appreciated, the senior and the premier were bought brand new by my dad and have hardly been used they have been kept in a dry cupboard out of sun light, the boxes are in excellent condition with no fading or rips and still have the original prices on them
    7/7p for the senior and 11/2/6 for the premier,all the bits and peices were bought at around the same time as he bought the senior pistol, ive had a good look at them now and there is the odd very small mark on them hardly noticeable, on the whole they are extremely good and they have the original deep black/bluing all over them, the junior the mk1 and the tempest pistols were also bought by my dad but second hand and are not quite as good as the first two pistols listed and that is the reason for the missing boxes, I dont want to sell any of the pistols i was just wondering what they are worth,
    and there worth a lot more now than when they were bought all those years ago. The build quality and detail in these pistols is excellent and god knows how much they would cost if they were made in the same way and by the same standards today. THANK YOU EVERYONE!