Thread: Filling an Air Arms S410

Filling an Air Arms S410

I have just filled my Air Arms 410 and I have noticed that the guage on the the rifle stock only seems to move mid way between 150 bar marker and the 200 bar marker. The guage on the bottle clearly reads 190 bar of pressure. i.e the correct filling pressure. Is this normal

Also I have just realised the importance of using a bonded seal when connecting the brass air arms connector. I couldn't work out why I was loosing air on the fill. I stuck a temporary rubber one on there and hey Presto sorted.
    Air Arms S410 Classic Simmons 3-9X50 IR Scope BASC Member

aa400

the gauge on the rifle is not all that accurate and also takes a while register air pressure go with bottle gauge it is far more accurate

The gauge's on the AA4*0 are very unreliable, only use the gauge on the gun as a guide. I fill to 190 on mine, using the bottle gauge, count out 60 pellets, use them then refill. Sometimes the gauge moves, sometimes it does'nt. New ones are around £20 but it might be just as bad.
    AA S410K .22 BTAS Regged, Walnut Stock, Topped with Tasco Varmint 2.5-10x44 with Elmor Fudd Brass Mod Adapter, Filler Cover and Bolt Handle, Finished with UKNeil Mod.

Try gently tapping it as you fill. The gauge, that is.
    Ratting....sport of Kings.

As has been said, the gauge on the rifle is more of a guide, go with the bottle/pump gauge, also i never fill my AA's over 180 bar as the 1st few shots from a full 190 are normally cr@p.
    You could do a chrono check from a fill to see where your 'sweet spot' is.
    HTH
    Steve