Thread: Posting from USA

Posting from USA

What is the longest someone has had to wait for something to come from the USA?
    I bought a scope on and the guy posted it on the 8th of March and it has still not arrived. He sent on there cheapest service.

Should I be worried?

Cheers

ianb Guest
    If its gone 'ground' shipping, then it may come in a container on a boat. This can take 4-6 weeks. I have waited 2-3 weeks easily before for parcels coming standard USPS but not 'ground'.

hth, Ian

It's pot luck, if over £18 in value then I'm waiting 2 months for stuff that shout arrive 2-5 days. Try www.usps.com

Sometimes one does slip through the net and arrives in a couple of days but it's the exception rather than the rule unless you pay for express.

OTOH if it's coming the other way around the planet then one or two days nil problemo.

This could just be a glitch at Redhill and maybe yours will go via somewhere else.

Saddle Tramp Guest

Posted in the USA.

Guns, Scope's, Amateur Radio, Electronics, had a lot sent from the USA. Amateur Radio & Electronics took 7 - 10 days, some mail, from the US, IS quicker than UK sencond class post. Guns sent the short route and more costly, often get STOPPED at Customs and Excise, for 3 - 6 weeks. So can Scopes. Items that come by ship, often have to wait, until there's a ship heading for the UK that is INSURED to carry post. That CAN take up to 26 weeks.

Saddle Tramp.

PS. There's a guy in Liverpool, has a row boat for sale, tried rowing over himself, couple of times. Got P****D off, 'cos some eejit put these two damned island's in his way, Man and Ireland. Plus there were no sign posts for him to follow.

draftsmann Guest
    My craziest purchase was the stainless steel ex-medical instrument cabinet that now serves as a groovy display case in my 60s retro living room in Malta. I bought it from a very nice lady in Denver. From close of auction to the item finally arriving in my living room took around eleven weeks, and the crating,shipping, customs and handling costs came to about the same as the original purchase price.

Adrian