Thread: FX evolution and Monsoon..taking the trip down range;)

FX evolution and Monsoon..taking the trip down range;)

i had an opportunity yesterday to play around with 2 very sweet airguns, those being the ones from FX in sweden. the models where the evolution and the monsoon both owned by a friend of mine who seemed to have gone crazy about semiauto's both air and firearms. i understood just later why. ihave to say the evolution handles very well, balanced and that 500cc bottle at the back is not just comfortable to have for its volume but the cheekpiece added to it is very comfortable. the pistol grip makes it a joy to use.

i had sat behind an anschutz with a proper grip sometime ago and i realised how truly beneficial it can be. the one on the evo is not that modelled but does its job very well. the groupings at 50 where all under half an inch so i told him, lets give them something harder. went down range and stuck a piece of 8x5" paper. back to the firing line at 120yards i decided to shoot 2 shots to see where that pellet was landing. the rifle i had didnt have a scope with Target turrets so i had to use hold off. first shot landed on paper about 2" from the mark. the next 3 shots followed. i was impressed when walking down range i found them in a 1" cluster! the real benefit was that my shooting position was identical, no need to stop to reload and i fired them off in relatively identical wind conditions. 3mile/hour from 11 o clock.

then it was the turn of the wooden stocked monsoon. this one has a nice feel to with a huge barrel which does its job realy well.the magazines are abit finicky to load and are expensive. i set the monsoon on the table rest. this one had a simmons scope on it with a fine crosshair. This is a good scope but the owner asked me not too touch the dials and so with this kind of reticle i couldnt do much. all i did was find the right elevation, secure it in the rest and fire a string of 8 relatively rapid shots. now this is not the proper way to do it. i would have liked to dial in the proper elevation and take the shots with the crosshair on a fixed point however they landed in a 2.2inch cluster with one slightly off. i will also repeat this test again however i found it hard not to show him my amazement as i had a fitz home to long range shooting with a distinct laugh.

im also a firm believer that usually for this kind of shooting i would need 40ft/lbs plus and 21grain+ pellets with 31grn being my favourite combination however i have to say that this time i had to bow and say the little jsbs at 35ft/lbs did their job extremely well especially when they come in huge quantities. All in all lovely airguns. YEs they are expensive but in my opinion very worth their price and their barrels are something very particular.
    pics to follow as im uploading everything and i will probably get a video of this too very soon.))))

Fullmetaljacket has also invested in one of these and he should know that now his should be brought to the line for such a test for which im sure he won't refuse
    Last edited by flims; 21-01-2008 at 09:56 AM.

Fx Semi auto's

Nice shooting.

Bad news is we can't have semi autos in the uk.

So we are a bit envious

I do have a FX Gladiator on order from BTAS.

Have you ever used one.

If so would appreciate your comments.

SteveP

PS I think it's a FX Revolution
    Last edited by StevePerry; 03-02-2008 at 01:43 PM.

some photos from the above mentioned shoot:

Revolution group

Monsoon group