Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 day shooting for sale on

wormix001 Guest

1 day shooting for sale on

someone was going to do it sooner or later,
    i wonder how much some c*unt will pay for it.

wormix001 Guest
    sorry forgot link again, doh.

http://cgi./ws/eBayISAPI.d...8&category=383

draftsmann Guest

Re: 1 day shooting for sale on

Originally posted by wormix001
    someone was going to do it sooner or later,
    i wonder how much some c*unt will pay for it.
    What is wrong with paying for shooting? To tell the truth I have been thinking about paying for some shooting - DESPITE the fact that I know several farmers and landowners on the Isle of Man, and it is fairly easy to get free shooting there.

So why would I consider paying?

Reason 1 is that I travel a lot with my business and time spent on the Isle of Man is "home" and "family" time - whereas on the other hand I do sometimes find myself with a free day or half day in England between meetings - and it doesn't make sense to fly home and back again for just one day.

Reason 2 is is that being a busy man it would be unfair of me to pretend to anyone that I can come once or twice a week to carry out pest control - I'm not even at home every week. I don't have the time to do odd jobs on farms - and my conscience makes it difficult for me to take something without giving anything back. What I always make a point of doing when I shoot over someone's land for "free" is to give them a bottle of something as a thank-you.

Not everyone's circumstances are the same, eh?

ATB

Adrian

RemMag is offline We're getting married, Weevie and me.
    There is room for paid for Airgun shooting, and for our pest control shooting.

If I was going to pay for shooting, I would expect a quantity of quarry to be presented to me in reasonably shootable circumstances. This would require a degree of management, although not on the scale of driven pheasant or grouse shooting, but I would be a bit miffed if I paid £50 or £100 for a day and didn't even see a bunny. If the landowner is prepared to manage the species on their land to assure they can provide this then I am happy to pay if my circumstances, like Draftsmanns, required it.

I would not be happy to pay to carry out pest control that the landowner would otherwise employ a proffessional firm of some description to do.

IMHO the problem arises when land owners get cheeky and start charging for pest control, but charging for sporting shooting is a different matter. As I have always worked it, the times when you shoot in crappy weather and have to kill unsporting quantities of quarry payment for the times when you just turn up and enjoy a bit of light sporting shooting.

Alex

sadone Guest
    Originally posted by alexclarke

I would be a bit miffed..... and didn't even see a bunny.
    Alex
    I've been taking the gun out for a walk many a times.

Gary C Guest
    This is an old issue and IMHO it's a fine line and each case has it's own merits.

For instance if you have a farmer who has a lot of land and lot of rabbits but is struggling to make a living the rabbits are a resource not a pest. I'd sooner see him charge for shooting with the dual benefit that somebody who doesn't want the commitment of serious hunting can get a shoot and also that the farm doesn't become a holiday home for Joe Richboy.

On the other hand if we see a wholesale perception that Rabbits are no longer a pest and every farmer jumps on the bandwagon that will reduce even further the amount of available land.

Tough call - each one has it's merits

No offense to anyone who has put across their case in favour of paying for shooting, but very few shooters I know could afford to pay £50-100 for a day's shooting.

figjam Guest

he's been doing it for ages!

i've had a heated discussion on here about this, so without starting it up again all i have to say is that, the ba5tard has got a cheek and its the legality of it all, if he's running a business etc. is he insured and how do you personally stand for damage etc.

rant over

rgds

kenny

draftsmann Guest
    I wouldn't disagree with you Kenny, but you could (and maybe should) ask the same question of any business you deal with, whether it's a shop, solicitor, restaurant or whatever.

ATB

Adrian

is it me or does the owner of the auction look like a member of here?

bit of the name and the location?

rarms I believe you are right, he's also had similair things for sale, like syndicate positions aswell.
    I could be wrong mindyou, but I think there is a market for paid shooting so good luck to him (especially as he's a scooby man)

10/10 boys you are correct in guessing the name of the seller!!

Have you noticed how quiet he's been lately....

Mark

stevo Guest

Thameside Guest
    I don't agree with the paying part.But that member is offering a days shooting on his shoot in exchange for a day on yours on another site .Steve

Dave22 Guest
    I can't see a problem with it.

People will pay over a grand a day to shoot pheasants, they'll pay a couple of hundred to have angling tuition and now here's a chance to go out and fire your or someone else's gun in a new bit of countryside.

If you are new to the game and want to pick up a few tips or just to see if shooting is for you, what better way to gain the experience without buying all the kit and finding out that you've bought the wrong stuff.

I can see this sort of venture becoming much more common as I believ there is a demand for it.