Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tx200hc

Sid Guest

Tx200hc

I got a TX200HC today, courtesy of a swap with a BBS member ( Falcon User - Ollie - very sound bloke to deal with for the record )

My shooting has gone to hell over the past couple of years courtesy of PCP's which don't punish poor technique or laziness with follow-through. I decided it was about time I got back to basics and had a recoiling gun again.

I put an old Swarovski 4X38 on the TX and had a session with it earlier this evening. What an excellent tool the TX is - built like a tank, nicely styled and incredibly accurate. Not that I'm getting good groups yet, but it's obvious that if I persevere and practise then it will do the business. Ollie hadn't even put a full tin of pellets through it he said, but even so it's got a well smooth firing cycle.

It's rare that an airgun captures my interest nowadays, I just see them as short range rabbit killers to be used, abused, painted NATO green and thrown about in the back of a Land Rover like you would treat a hedging tool or a spade - but I really like that TX already, it's a class act

Re: Tx200hc

[QUOTE][
    My shooting has gone to hell over the past couple of years courtesy of PCP's which don't punish poor technique or laziness with follow-through. I decided it was about time I got back to basics and had a recoiling gun again.

I totally agree, whilst PCP rifles are marvellous, they do lead to sloppy technique. I'm going to get myself a springer and spend some time revising. At least that's the argument I used to convince myself to spend the money!

Bob

Got to agree with you Sid. I have two PCP'S but still love my Pro Elite, Used to have a Pro Sport as well, I still regret selling it!.

jim
    ex blue job

Sam Guest
    Nice one, Sid.
    Good to get back to grass roots and have a sesh with the springers now and then, the TX is an excellent choice too. I miss my old mkII and wil replace it at some pont despite owning a number of PCP's.

You say the TX is virtualy brand fire new, try it over the chrono and see what you're getting, AA tend to set them up low these days to stay on the safe side of things (usually around 10-10.5ft.lbs), they benefit from a stripdown, drgrease, proper relube and a couple of shim washers to nudge the muzzle energy up a little. I also disable the beartrap ratchets as they do my head in, but each to their own i guess.....

ATB, have fun mate.

Koz Guest
    You can disable the bear trap by removing the catch or by slipping a piece of plastic (old credit card works well) under the catch.
    I leave a little "handle" showing.
    This is good for letting folk try your gun.
    You can enable the catch again while they use it just in case they get it wrong.

Mmmm... ...NATO green TX... ...lurvely...

Sam Guest
    Originally posted by Koz
    You can disable the bear trap by removing the catch or by slipping a piece of plastic (old credit card works well) under the catch.
    I leave a little "handle" showing.
    This is good for letting folk try your gun.
    You can enable the catch again while they use it just in case they get it wrong.
    I tap out the retaining pin, remove the ratchet arm and place the return spring under the other end to keep it permanently open, works a treat and reversable at any time.

Originally posted by SBSD
    I tap out the retaining pin, remove the ratchet arm and place the return spring under the other end to keep it permanently open, works a treat and reversable at any time.
    And a very nice job it is, too!
    I took a TX in a swap and it's become a keeper - even bought a new L/H stock for it.
    Agree with Sid re PCPs making you sloppy; some years ago I got into them bigtime - 6 PCPs replaced all my springers. Now, back to square one; all but one of the PCPs have gone, replaced by springers again.

I got myself a Pro-Sport last year for the same reason. I'm not sure that my shooting has improved as a result of the extra "discipline" but I don't care - it's just great fun to shoot.

Lionel

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Thumbs up

Top choice Sidney,mates got a TXHC which ive used a fair bit and i have to agree there a crackin rifle alright.As far as pcps spoiling yer shootin i cannot say,never having owned one.But it must make sence to keep at least one spring rifle in the cupboard to use so as to keep the technique up to scratch.

Hmmmm, I fancy one of them for when I leggit out to France next year, PCP's are going to hard to charge over there. It's either that or a gas ram rifle of some sort

Nev

http://veteransinaction.org.uk My favourite Military Charity

http://nevsniggles.com Handyman Services

Kev. Guest
    Damn right Sid, I have never enjoyed my shooting as much as I have since buying my Eliminator, it's a great gun and a real joy to use but still demands respect, infact I am toying with the idea of getting rid of the fac mk2 and getting another Eliminator in .20

Question Bear Trap

Hi Guys
    what am I missing here. Why do away with it?
    Tutchi

TX Sniper Guest

paranoid

i bought my tx just before crimbo. I havnt had it chroned and now im worried about the power setting. I have taken rabbits with it at 40 yards+ so as far as i can see, its running fine. Is it likely that mine is under power?

Thanx

Sam Guest
    Originally posted by stevew
    And a very nice job it is, too!
    I took a TX in a swap and it's become a keeper - even bought a new L/H stock for it.
    Agree with Sid re PCPs making you sloppy; some years ago I got into them bigtime - 6 PCPs replaced all my springers. Now, back to square one; all but one of the PCPs have gone, replaced by springers again.
    Ahhhh, you've still got the old girl then, Steve? how goes she? (and the others.)