Thread: BSA Superstar parts wanted

BSA Superstar parts wanted

Hi Folks just trying to get a Superstar up and running it's in need of a front sight unit AND a rear sight unit any help in sorting something out be most welcome. I have had a look on Chambers but to no avail.

Cheers Graham.
    Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

Spike Milligan

May be helpful

Not sure if they are the same fit but I saw a front and rear set complete with hood on eb@y under this number 250208795747. Sorry if they are not compatible as it doesn't mention superstar.

Atb Danny
    CZ 200T/200 S Hunter/200 S Green/Slavia ZVP/612/614/615/618/620/622/624/625/627/630/631/634/ZVS Perun 734/CZ236-1/Tex3/86/Brno ZII/ZV3/ZV4/VZ47/APP661/Relum/Mars 618/Stella 518/Predom 188/170/Yunker 1/2/Lov21/Baikal IJ22/IJ38/Vostok/IZH61/IZH53M/MP512M/MP654K/MP661K

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up Danny, I'm not 100% either ? they look as if they may fit though may take a chance if nothing else comes forth.

Cheers Graham
    Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

Spike Milligan

Bury,Lancashire, about 12 miles north of Mancheste

BSA Sights

I think the Superstar sights are very similar if not identical to those on the Airsporter S. I`ve looked at mine and they both look the same at least on these series:--- A/Sprtr GM01583
    S/Star PH8997
    You may find the Airsporter S sights easier to source. Chambers list all the parts for the sights for Airsporter Mk 6,7 & S
    Last edited by Pagoda113; 26-01-2008 at 03:29 PM.

i think you need bsa sights on raising blocks for the superstar, it has a high comb so you'll not be able to get down onto the standard sights. check this link out for a set that i sold on eb@y a week or so ago, i've had them years, but i'm sure they came off a suprestar... http://www.akita-heaven.myzen.co.uk/...s/SN850470.JPG

Bury,Lancashire, about 12 miles north of Mancheste

BSA Sights

There is a raising block between barrel and rear sight on the Superstar, but the actual sight unit appears identical. The front sights appear identical, with the Superstar having an end piece of increased dia. on the barrel eliminating the need to have a front sight taller than that on the S. The rear raising block should be reproducible by a competent workshop if no longer available.

Thanks

Thanks for the info folks
    I have the rear riser block still fitted, so thats one thing less to source.
    Thanks Dave dlc for the pic. Looks like the diagram on Chambers.
    It's a Mark 2 Superstar so has the muzzle weight on which rises the front sight up a bit, so no riser block needed there either ( glad to say or this could become expensive)
    And thanks Pagoda113 for the tip about the airsporter and the time and effort you guys go to to help fellow shooter.

Regards Graham

Spike Milligan

Jim145 is offline I've decided not to touch mine...
    Have you tried BSA? I got a few bits for one of my Goldstars no problem a few months back - and the usuall excellent service

Link

HI Jim145
    Good tip! but I've had a look at the BSA homepage and I can't find much info apart where their dealer locations are ( starting to suffer from web page overload now ) ,
    If you or anyone else knows a link to a spares section I'd be most grateful.
    Cheers folks.

Spike Milligan

Jim145 is offline I've decided not to touch mine...
    I rang them up and they put me through to the chap in the spares department. He was very helpful and could take payment with my card over the phone, my bits arrived a couple of days later

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jim145 View Post
    I rang them up and they put me through to the chap in the spares department. He was very helpful and could take payment with my card over the phone, my bits arrived a couple of days later
    Cheers for the info
    Will give them a bell and hopefuly have some luck.
    Regards Graham

Spike Milligan