Thread: Diana model 78 info

Diana model 78 info

I cant seem to find much information about this rifle so thought Id ask you fellas. So anything about what year they came out, if they were hunting or ft rifles... anything really would be appreciated.
    Also do you think it would still be usable as a hunting rifle or is this model one of the junior/plinker guns?
    The one I have seen looks in quite decent condition, the stock has a few small scuffs on but nothing major. Ive been offered it for £75, , so whats the going rate on these?

Thanks for your time

James
    Some kind of high powered mutant prototype never considered for mass production
    Good deals: clicky.....

These are nice old rifles, reasonably well made and can be pretty accurate.

They are not full power, I've never chrono'd any of mine as I don't want to see how little power they probably have and shatter my boyhood illusions that they were really powerful

More of a junior plinker, only suitable for short range ratting or feral clearance.

For £75 it would need to be in very, very good condition.

HTH

Ben
    master(dot)shriller(at)gmail.com

Cheers for the help master_shriller. Went round today to have a better look over the rifle and he'd sold it. For 50 quid... git.
    If he'd have said that in the first place I wouldnt have had to think about it and Id've bought it there n then.
    ah well, win some lose some.
    Some kind of high powered mutant prototype never considered for mass production
    Good deals: clicky.....