Thread: Zeroing a Cadet

Talking Zeroing a Cadet

Hi all
    Just fitted the new foresight to my (actually my wifes) Cadet and set about zeroing the old girl, Cadet that is! apart from dieseling severley which just about negated any chance of grouping the shots I noticed that the sight was loose in the dovetails around the centre position. Any sugestions as to how to secure the sight, there is no evidence of the original sight being centre punched! is this the correct, accepted method?

Also at what distance/ group size should I expect to get with a Cadet using a bench rest. I was attempting to zero at fifty feet with not much wind about today. I am using David Nickerson magnum dome pellets, I had asked for cheap plinking pellets but at £4.95 for 500 I had quite a shock as it must be close on twenty five years since I last bought a tin of pellets

Cheers Keith

Quote Originally Posted by mxgb View Post
    Any sugestions as to how to secure the sight, there is no evidence of the original sight being centre punched! is this the correct, accepted method?
    Cheers Keith
    The old established way was to pop mark the dove tail with a centre punch but I cant bring myself to deface an old rifle like that. I use bearing Locktite.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thanks Ian
    Yep I must admit that centre punching the barrel/sight was giving me the screaming abdabs. Think I'll go with the lock tight.
    Cheers Keith

Angry No one shot their Cadet of late

What no info on group size/range for the little Cadet, I felt sure that someone would have been able to enlighten me. Not expecting "vernier precision" measurements like the HFT and hunting guys expect but say five shots covered by a fifty pence piece (or should that be a ten bob note?) at say twenty five paces!!

Cheers Keith