Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lightweight Sporting Rifle

Lightweight Sporting Rifle

Anyone one here shooting any of the Lightweight sporting rifle leagues in 10, 20 and 50 metre with air rifle and rim fire??.
    50 metre is rimfire only and the 10 metre is air rifle only.
    Too many air guns to list but to count them all I need to take my shoes & socks off as well
    BASC Member

20m LSR Surrey league (div 5 I think)
    20m LSR intercounty for Surrey
    20m LSR rapid fire Lingfield League

I find shooting standing up improves my standing shots no end in the field, and on the moving target ranges (deer and boar) at Bisley.

Norfolk County LSR

I'm shooting the Norfolk County LSR leauge they have I think 4 comps Timed, Iorn sights precsion, any sights presion and ultra presion. The first 3 are shot at 20yds on PL14 targetsand the last is shot on NSRA CS2005 targets at 20 yds. They are open to both rimfire and air rifle although a bolt action is at a big disavantage in the timed 5 shots in 10 seconds strings. I'm shooting the last 2 with an AA S400.

NCRA

Alan

20 yard LSR

Our club at Leicester shoot Small Bore (Rimfire) and Airgun disciplines
    We have 5 teams of 3 entered in the Midland 20 yd league and all 15 shooters use air rifle rather than rimfire.

The Midland LSR league comprises of 10 divisions each with 10 teams in, so it is more popular than 10 metre Match.

We also have 1 team entered in the IC winter leagues. Again myself and the 4 other shooters choose to use Air rifle rather than Rimfire even though we have a 20 yd range approved for Rimfire. One of our best shooters uses a spring powered air rifle rather than his PCP.
    20 yd LSR and FT seem to be the first choice shooting disciplines for new starters these days
    hold me back !!

Yes, 20 yd LSR in the Hendon league

I shoot LSR postal comps in the Cumbria & Northumbria league through my club, Sutton RPC. I use a .22 Titan with a 4x32 Nikko scope.
    this is shot at 20yd and airguns are gauged to calibre.

Anyone else shoot this comp out there?
    Make every shot count.

M100Elan is offline Mind of an athlete...body of a genius
    I shoot in the ORA (Oxfordshire Rifle Assoc) LSR league at 20m. I got good and was shooting in the first div but work got hectic so I have missed out on a few seasons and my scores have taken a nose dive due to lack of practice.

Hoping that 2008 is my return to form year though fingers crossed
    Daystate MK4iS .177 - HFT rig
    Skan Bullpup .177 - Plinker
    Airarms ProTarget .177 - FT rig.

Regular shooting is the key to improving scores. Over the Christmas break my slowly rising weekly average took a dive due to the 3 weeek break.
    Interested to know what is considered a good average for this dicipline.
    Make every shot count.

There is also the Midland league for those in the Midlands, the national (NSRA) comps are also well organised but do require NSRA membership.

It is also worth bearing in mind that there rules for the maximum combined weight (if figure escapes my memory at the moment) of the rifle, scope and glove(if worn) and that the trigger must not have a pull of less than 500g.

Liam (Rugeley Rifle Club)

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon25 View Post
    Regular shooting is the key to improving scores. Over the Christmas break my slowly rising weekly average took a dive due to the 3 weeek break.
    Interested to know what is considered a good average for this dicipline.
    As its a fairly new sport the "A" rating is 90 and above. Whereas with prone that has been shot for over 100 years I think "A" is 98 and above.

In the latest NRA mag the top average scores are listed from the inter country. One of our chaps is number 9 and his average (from memory) was 97.something. I think the top average was 98.something. This again compares with the prone who's top scorer averaged 99.8

Out of the 20 or so regular LSR shooters at our club there are about 7 are in the A section, 10 in the B (>80) and 3 in C (others).

When new people start (who have had no experience) they normally get high 70's/low 80s and then quickly start to get mid 80's. It normally takes about 9 months-year with regular practice to get into the 90's and then the increase slows right down.

I've been shooting about 2 years and now average 93.5 unless there is a sticker on the card (postal competition) where it drops to 91.5

Highest ever for me was a 99.

The chap I mentioned about has had about 30 tons over the last 5 years. Only one other person has got a ton and just once.

One of last nights efforts, 10 shots @ 20yds on a PL14
    A bit out of focus I'm afraid, used the other half's camera!
    My Toys:-

FWB P70FT+Elite 4200 6-24x40.
    Sako Range+Leupold VXIII6.5-20x40 EFR.
    Anschutz 1407 + B & L 36x
    Marlin .38 CBC Underlever+Marbles tang sight.
    Remington 12c Pump action.
    Martini Henry Bonehill conversion with Greener Barrel.

What next

Speak your truth quietly & clearly and listen to others,
    even the dull & ignorant, they too have their story.

if that was shot in the standing position,you should be the County champion in no time, 2 cards of 10 rounds each are shot,and anything over 190 is considered pretty good,the Yorkshire champion shoots in my club,and his cards are usually 190 -195.Join the Summer league as soon as possible!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sadbrewer View Post
    if that was shot in the standing position,you should be the County champion in no time, 2 cards of 10 rounds each are shot,and anything over 190 is considered pretty good,the Yorkshire champion shoots in my club,and his cards are usually 190 -195.Join the Summer league as soon as possible!!!
    I was thinking the same. I'm glad you aren't in Surrey .

If you can shoot like that without any support then you'll be country champion, not just county.

Join the NSRA and clean up.

Sharky..

Lots of clubs shoot in postal leagues, but normally at 20m on PL14 targets or 25M on the Scottish SPA1 Target.

You dont say whereabouts you are in Lincolnshire but I haqve some friends that way and a gentlemen at Gainsborough gun club acts as the administrator for Lincolnshire postal leagues and runs the county LSR teams in the NSRA leagues.

If you want to PM your details I will try and get him to contact you?

Regards,

English.
    If it has a trigger, I'm gonna enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Romah View Post
    One of last nights efforts, 10 shots @ 20yds on a PL14
    A bit out of focus I'm afraid, used the other half's camera!
    Can't say fairer than a nice round ton

Havn't had any myself for a while now