Thread: Info Needed

Ravenskull Guest

Info Needed

ok, first things first: the guns. I have an "Original" (ie: Diana) Model 35 and an HW99s.
    I Need some help.

Firstly the HW99s; can someone on this forum please give me some guidance on the capabilities of this rifle? i have been told by different sources that it is a) full power, b) full power, but is only 10ft/lb, c) only good for plinking and d) great for blowing rabbits away at 25yrds. understandably i am confused. This is a second hand rifle in .22 cal, and compared to my other airgun (the 35) is an absolute swine to cock. second question regarding this gun is: does anyone make an after market stock for it? as i find the standard stock to be uncomfortable to use- but the replacement would have to be cheap, cos im a little strapped for cash after buying these two.......

Secondly, the '35: again, im after general performance stats, as i cant find anything about these on the web. also, im after some info as to why diana produced this particular example with a nickel/chromed finish- it has not been plated later in life, as where the finish has been scratched by the removal of a poor quality aftermarket foresight, (installed by a previous owner- using superglue), there is no trace of blued steel finish. i posted about this gun on the dianawerk collective forum,
    http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/184474
    , but was given no answers- they could only suggest it was possibly a factory special.
    Rifle is a .22 Original Model 35, made May '72,
    S/N: 72352452

Diana 35 picture

hope you can help!
    Dan
    Last edited by Ravenskull; 04-04-2004 at 02:49 AM.

A test of the Original 35s in Nov. 78s Airgun World quotes muzzle velocities of 709f.p.s. in .177 and 577f.p.s. in .22. Unfortunatley around that period A.G.W. never mentions what weight pellets/type used.
    H.T.H.
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

speedi Guest
    According to the AG mag 04 annual.

RWS/DIANA 35, German break barrel, 3.1KG, 1054mm long, beech wood, 11.98 ft/lbs (177 and 22). Mag comment: Commermorative Model. (I Say *** does that mean?)

HW99s, German break barrel, 3.1KG, 1045mm long, beech stock,11.7 ft/lbs (177 and 22) Mag Comment:A full power, lightweight no-frills vermin rifle.

Both are colour coded as hunting rifles...

Hope this helps...
    Speedi

Ravenskull Guest

power

thats intresting: the diana is more powerful than the 99s! strangely though, the recoil and sound produced is much greater from the 99........plus the automatic safety is a pain as you cant reset it- hapily the diana doesnt suffer this problem: it doesnt have a safety
    still looking for a better stock for the hw99s though.

Originally posted by speedi
    According to the AG mag 04 annual.

RWS/DIANA 35, German break barrel, 3.1KG, 1054mm long, beech wood, 11.98 ft/lbs (177 and 22). Mag comment: Commermorative Model.
    Speedi
    I think the model prefix of 35 is causing some confusion here.
    RAVENSKULLs 35 is an original Original ( if you know what I mean) and not the later RWS/Diana model 35.

The Original is 44.5inch in length and weighs 7.2 lbs (John Walters - The Airgun Book) and has no safety catcy while the later RWS model is 41.5 inch in length and weighs 7 lbs. (Airgunner Annual 2003)
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

speedi Guest
    aha, the old 'original, original' trick. I dont have any more reference material, so you'd better strike my info from the records. Mayhap google would be more forthcoming with information for you.

Ravenskull Guest

google search....

no luck with google- any more suggestions anyone?

Ravenskull Guest

BUMP!!

Anyone? Help?
    Someone on here must know!