Thread: FWB65 - what does this screw do?

FWB65 - what does this screw do?

On my FWB65 there is a screw just in front of the rear sight. Periodically it works loose and messes up the sight picture. As it happens slowly I only tend to notice as my scores plummet. There is no mention of this screw in the instructions or any diagram I can find. Obviously I don't want to remove it or threadlock it without knowing what its for. Anybody got any ideas?

I think you will find this screw keeps the fore sight element in, if you unscrew it the element drops out.
    Regards
    Bob

Thanks for the info, but its not that screw, this one is on the reciever top about 1.5" in front of the rear sight.

Part no. 16.134.1. It's called the end cap screw - helps secure the end cap.
    Last edited by Garvin; 01-02-2008 at 03:25 PM.

Thanks, I presume there is no reason for me not to threadlock it?

By the way, I am new to the forum and notice there seems to be a delay on my posts appearing. Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by jonno1972 View Post
    Thanks, I presume there is no reason for me not to threadlock it?

By the way, I am new to the forum and notice there seems to be a delay on my posts appearing. Is this normal?
    Shouldn't be any delay. No reason not to threadlock that screw.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Part no. 16.134.1. It's called the end cap screw - helps secure the end cap.
    This screw passes through the end cap & is secured in the under side of the cylinder. The screw itself is shouldered with the thread on the end so obviously any thread lock will take affect in the area obscured from your vision by the "sledge".

I would suggest you remove the rear sight & place the gun in a spring compressor or sash cramp to prevent any movement internally (I have known these screws to sheer off inside the gun) remove the screw & degrease in the usual way then apply a thread lock that can be broken using ordinary hand tools as this screw needs to be removed for servicing & re springing.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    This screw passes through the end cap & is secured in the under side of the cylinder. The screw itself is shouldered with the thread on the end so obviously any thread lock will take affect in the area obscured from your vision by the "sledge".

I would suggest you remove the rear sight & place the gun in a spring compressor or sash cramp to prevent any movement internally (I have known these screws to sheer off inside the gun) remove the screw & degrease in the usual way then apply a thread lock that can be broken using ordinary hand tools as this screw needs to be removed for servicing & re springing.
    Top advice from a real expert.

I agree but I think you do yourself a disservice mate and I am sure others will agree? You and others are always there with a helpful suggestions, advice or comment. Some great guys and gals in this section (as there are in others - he adds hastily but truthfully).
    Steve
    Floccinaucinihilipilificator.

Thank you I also think of you Garvin, Gareth WB, IJ & some other of the other guy's on here not mentioned in the same way too!

The knowledge you have between you all is priceless!
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Cheers for that Garvin, may be I should learn to read the whole sentance before jumping in LOL.
    Regards
    Bob

Deep in the Woods with the little people..Bewdley
    Hi Guys... just inherited a 65 .. and as you can see I have the instruction book with it.. If anyone needs it I can copy/scan it for them early next week..PM me.... someone just did the same for me and I'd be happy to repay the kindness.. Cheers, "The Bodger"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.”….