Thread: Peter Dyson Warning

greenshoots Guest

Peter Dyson Warning

anybody who knows me will know i am straight as a die but this has got my goat up ...and i am fumming read below........

it seems i have been banned from buying stuff off the peter dyson website , thru a complaint i made as regards to their postage costs, a problem which they have admitted was their mistake!!! anyway after trying 3 times tonight to purchase parts i was finally sent this email...

Dear Mr. Simons,
    Sorry don't know what is happening with non confirmation of order, this
    should occur automatically via our online catalogue.
    I note your comments regarding non response to your messages you can be
    assured that your credit card details are secure on our website.
    Regarding your order Mr. Dyson has asked me to inform you that he prefers
    not to do business with you any more. Your credit card details have been
    erased.
    Wendy Dyson
    Peter Dyson & Son Ltd.

morale of the story is dont make a complaint to peter dyson

Just out of interest - what was the issue with the postage costs? . I've used Dyson before with no porblems (but the weight of the item was low)

It's Kranks postage costs that I have a problem with.
    'Gun control is like trying to reduce drink driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars'

greenshoots Guest
    seems the first time the girl in the office pressed the number 2 instead of the number 1 when totaling postage costs which was settled amicably
    second time they sent the wrong item a snider case instead of a martini henry sent them a nice email they said send it back and they will refund postage which they did not sent them 2 emails to remind them eventually refunded credit card ,,know they will not accept orders from me. what a firm

viv

I purchased from them what they called a Martini Henry sight ladder. When I got it it turned out to be a Martini Enfield ladder. After an e-mail they changed the wording on their ad and asked that I return the Enfield ladder to them.They don't carry Martini Henry ladders. They refunded only the cost of the sight. Not what it cost me to return it from New Zealand. Not a vast ammount of money but bad P.R. on thier behalf.
    They made and admitted a mistake but I am the one out of pocket.

You’ve got every right to be fuming … banning you when you are in the right is just plain stupid!! – he even got his wife to do it for him!! – what a whimp!
    'Gun control is like trying to reduce drink driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars'

That seems a harsh way to treat you.

Just to balance things Mr Dyson spent a enormous amount of time on the phone with beloved recently when she was trying to order a complete set of checkering equipment as a surprise gift.

He really did go out of his way to explain it all and put together the exact package I needed at a very fair price, I think she knows more about checkering now than I do.

Just speaking as I find

Rich
    Last edited by RichardH; 03-02-2008 at 10:08 PM.
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

greenshoots Guest
    fair comment richard.......still does not explain putting a embargo on someone pointing out their mistakes....

viv

Quote Originally Posted by greenshoots View Post
    fair comment richard.......still does not explain putting a embargo on someone pointing out their mistakes....

viv
    Hi Viv

That actually didn't read as I meant, I've editted it now.

In those circumstances I would be annoyed also.

Rich

greenshoots Guest
    well just bought some parts tonight for my martini-henry off ******** at half the price of mr dyson and with free postage thrown in because i bought 2... now thats what i call customer service.... the mr dysons of this world take heed...

viv

Who TF is Dyson?????

Quote Originally Posted by slowcoach View Post
    Who TF is Dyson?????
    Google is your friend

I sold him a Snider once and found him honourable and straight to deal with. Dunno what's happened in this case, but it doesn't look good getting his missus to pass his bad news - such matters are better dealt with directly.

Regards,
    MikB
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)