Thread: 6 and 10 metre rifle advice

6 and 10 metre rifle advice

hi everybody
    i generally shoot hft and ft but i would like to have a go at paper targets with a 6ft lb rifle mainly because its something i can do indoors.
    what would you all recommend as a half decent starter rifle and which shops in or near london stock this type of rifle as none of my local shops do. ive looked in the for sale section and cant see any
    ive got a lovely pro target that would probably fit the bill but it would need too much work to convert and fit the open style sights
    any ideas?
    cheers johno

S200t

S200T. Low & full power versions available.

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

there's a few candidates...depending on budget, but these of the two i have experience of

FWB300...the SU variant offers more fit options, but the S is just as good. A recoiless springer...very capable. Watch for breach seals breaking. A good workhorse, always in demand and made for target work. The lock time is slower than a pnematic, but it teaches good discipline because of that.

FWB600 series... a single stroke pump pnematic, so faster locktime. Probably a better trigger as well than the 300 by a smidge. In it's day, a medal winner. Seals again can be a weakpoint, but there is backup from some gun shops like city air guns.

Prices vary enormously...i've seen good guns go from £ 150 all up to £ 400 for both guns privately and you can find them more expensive for mint shop offerings. If you aim for about £200-300 that might give you the option on a 600 or a mint 300 su.

garvin on here is the font of all knowledge for classic 10m gear, and wonky donkey is a top chap for the top flight stuff.

be prepared though, it's very addictive...it takes a bit of perseverance to start with for the first few sessions, but when that hook goes in, it goes in deep

I would be inclined to go for a second hand 10mtr target rifle such as a FWB 300/600 series, Walther LGR/90, Original/Diana/66/75/100, Hammerli 450 or similar & probably cheaper than a new AA 200T.

Try Surrey Guns or NSRA for second stuff or Private for a better deal don't pay more than £250 for a good one of the above anyway, there's 100's about!
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    I would be inclined to go for a second hand 10mtr target rifle such as a FWB 300/600 series, Walther LGR/90, Original/Diana/66/75/100, Hammerli 450 or similar & probably cheaper than a new AA 200T.

Try Surrey Guns or NSRA for second stuff or Private for a better deal don't pay more than £250 for a good one of the above anyway, there's 100's about!
    Yes, that's the way.

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post

agreed...the s200T is good for accuracy, but in my opinion the trigger is not up to the standard of these other suggestions, the cylinder fill is small meaning you'll be having to think about your shot count, and it's very small and light, which although may seem like an advantage to start with, once you get your stance good, using a heavier rifle's weight steadies the hold.

6 and 10 metre rifle advice

thanks chaps i thought an s200 might be a bit light too , so im going to start looking for a nice fwb 300 or similar.
    none of the shops near me have anything so im going to keep my eye out on here
    cheers john

might be worth seeing if you can have a chat with the bisley mob.

funny, these things go in circles...one minute no-one wants one, 3 months later they're like hens teeth!