Thread: Daystate FT 4.53 Pellets (Test)

Daystate FT 4.53 Pellets (Test)

I took my Logun Axsor Carbine (Tasco Sniper 10x42 Scope) out today and tried the new Daystate FT 4.53 pellet.

First off was a zero at 35 yards shot in the prone rested position.

35 Yard Target

I then went in to my mates unused stables and measured out 15 yards and fired a group standing rested.

15 Yard Target

After returning home it was in to my Gun Room to recharge the Axsor to 3000 PSI and then up in to the roof to do a Chrono test over 40 shots.

Chrono Print Out

You may need to look hard at the print out as I can't get it any larger.

Regards
    Barry
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

bud Guest
    How long have daystate been making 4.53s? and where did you get them?

Since last week. Should be in all retail outlets soon. For more info phone Daystate on 01782 791755.
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

bud Guest
    Cheers Barry.

dwb Guest
    I took some tins of 453 to the BFTA inter regional and Newberry everyone that tried then seemed to a like them, there was getting the good group, one person took a few tins to size them down
    I have being using them for the last few weeks and I am not going back to 452
    DWBaines

Originally posted by dwb
    I took some tins of 453 to the BFTA inter regional and Newberry everyone that tried then seemed to a like them, there was getting the good group, one person took a few tins to size them down
    I have being using them for the last few weeks and I am not going back to 452
    DWBaines
    Dave if you make Plymouth can you bring some along please mate

Pete

It is a well-known ballistic thing that putting an over-sized bullet in a bore will make the bore the dominating factor. It is why the concept of choked barrels was invented.

Please, a word of warning about muzzle energy. If you would like to use "tight pellets", please don't re-adjust your power settings to get back up to your 12 fps, as you WILL have an FAC Weapon, as measured with slightly slacker pellets, and you might well fail competition scrutiny as well. I am not being a wet-blanket, but you need to be aware that nothing comes for nothing, particularly with Mr Plod, as he may well test your rifle with Accupels and Hobbies.

If you do FT only, that may not be an issue, but as a well-known local (with permission) hunter, I'm getting increasingly hassled by the County Police because of reported airgun misdemeanours, despite the representations to my credit from the local force.

We live in strange and disturbing times, and I would hate that you would fall foul of those, for a minor nuance of our enthusiasm.

I doubt that this makes sense to you, but my warning is heartfelt.

Alan.

dwb Guest
    Hi Pete I thought you had retired
    we hope to be there I'll see what I can do, Paul Wilson might not be there as he wrote off his car last week
    DWBaines

FT Shooter Guest

Re: Daystate FT 4.53 Pellets (Test)

Originally posted by airgunner2388
    I took my Logun Axsor Carbine (Tasco Sniper 10x42 Scope) out today and tried the new Daystate FT 4.53 pellet.

Regards
    Barry
    Surely to draw any conclusions there should be some sort of comparison?