Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: East Anglian Airgun Fayre Up-Date

This was a good idea but I understand why you could not go ahead with it. I wonder if it might be worth holding such an event at a shooting club. Advantages: Free (or at least cheap) venue, could raise funds for a club, good security, could be indoors or outdoors depending on the club. Worth thinking about?

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphoon View Post
    This was a good idea but I understand why you could not go ahead with it. I wonder if it might be worth holding such an event at a shooting club. Advantages: Free (or at least cheap) venue, could raise funds for a club, good security, could be indoors or outdoors depending on the club. Worth thinking about?
    Post VCR it would depend on the Police and local FAO to the club. The FAO for Bisley refuses to allow it whereas my local FAO allowed it. The reason it had to be scuppered before I shelled out therefore was not due to legalities, but due to lack of paying stall holders at £30 each, as after four months only six had committed. Good luck to any club who wishes to try themselves however, and I hope they have better luck attracting sellers . Atb: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Airgun Fair

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphoon View Post
    About a year ago, I gave some thought about running a shooting competition at my club near Leics. (just off M1)for older airguns, pre and post war, with the emphasis on open sight competitions up to and including 50 yards.

There was some interest, but not sufficient to disrupt the clubs Sunday shooting activities by tying up the ranges for the day

However, since hearing from Gareth about the cancellation of his Arms Fayre, I have given consideration to running the competions in conjunction with a Arms fair for airguns on our club ranges

Gareth and myself have already discussed this via pms and taking Gareth's advice, the ball is now in my court to get clearance for the 'sales side' of things with Leics. Police Firearms Dept. (with whom we have good relations)

The Clubs Captain and Treasurer have already given their blessing and the occasion would hopefully raise sufficient funds for us to top soil and seed our new 50 metre rimfire range(due for completion in August)

We have numerous ranges , indoor and outdoor and our 100 yard range could also field an archery competition/fun shoot on the day

I hope to get agreement from Leics Police over the next week or two, and from other Committee members who will have an input

We have a number of tables for sales of guns/parts; we have adequate toilet facilities but limited kitchen facilities due to no running water. Our water supplies are from rainwater from roofs of our ranges/ storage tanks/pumping equipment.
    We could cater for camping and BBQ's and there is a Chippy just down the road

If the Police say Ok then i will update on a new thread and make enquiries re. who wants to come

Price-wise, I will keep things as cheap as I can and obviously let you know ASAP
    Date-wise, the event would be on a Sunday - early/mid September and this date will be published very soon

It would be a splendid occasion if many of those attending would compete in the competitions as well as buying/selling. These competitions will be geared to beginners and low tech older guns as well as to the more experienced shooters. A 20 yard spring pistol shoot would be included. Entry fees would be low to encourage people to have a go

We could even have a Field Target Shoot (max range say 35 yards) with the targets clearly visible - Open Sights.
    But what i will need are club members to commit themselves to help on the day. So please leave it with me and i will do my best
    john
    hold me back !!

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    John - I wish you luck, and hope to be able to make it there if it comes off!
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post
    John - I wish you luck, and hope to be able to make it there if it comes off!
    ... ditto & ditto .

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

John, just a thought, but is the game fair at Weston park around the middle of September. I would think a good few airgunners will be wanting to go there so would be a good idea not to clash with dates.

Game fair

Thanks Phil. I will check that out
    The Walther cocking aid looks very good
    Regards
    John
    hold me back !!