Thread: Has the stock design changed on HWs 97k.

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Question Has the stock design changed on HWs 97k.

Had a bit of a mess with a new HW97K early this afternoon,have they changed the stock design as it balances and fits way better than i remember.Allways found that the AATX balanced better of the two but iam not so sure anymore.Leaning towards the HW now.The TX does shoot better/smoother though.

the new one (the flush fitting silencer one)

has minor chnges to the stock

Originally posted by gaz gun man
    the new one (the flush fitting silencer one)

has minor chnges to the stock
    Yes thats the one(flush fitting silencer),the changes may be minor but its made fair bit of difference in my opinion.

Dave, I have owned both rifles recently & preferred the HW for the same reasons as you. The HW had a stage 1 Venom kit fitted and IMHO shot as sweet if not sweeter than the AA.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Originally posted by Davestate
    Dave, I have owned both rifles recently & preferred the HW for the same reasons as you. The HW had a stage 1 Venom kit fitted and IMHO shot as sweet if not sweeter than the AA.
    Ive had a bit of a play with an HW97K before flush silencer type but iam sure the stock is different/better balanced on the new one.I still think that the AATX shoots better straight from the box mind.

woody-som Guest
    I have the new style HW97K, and as you have noticed, it's very well balanced. Nice simple design, and after reading losts of posts, and advaice thats what I bought.

I saw the other choice the AA TX2000 at the game and shooting fair, at the bath and west showground last month. Well, all I can say is I made the right choice. The AATX didn't handle as well, and I didn't like the catch on the side of the loading port, very messy.

Mark A Guest
    The HW had a stage 1 Venom kit fitted and IMHO shot as sweet if not sweeter than the AA.
    I'll second that. I thought my stage 1 tuned 97 was sweet untill i got my Sidewinder, now that is smooth!. Ive never tryed a lazaglide 97 but it must be something special, i think i'll treat my 97 to a full lazaglide in a few years after i've recuperated some cash.

Mark

Venomised HW97K,

After I've had my op on my wrist next week, I'll be on the lookout for another thats for sure.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

On the latest 97K's the LOP (trigger reach from butt plate) is one centimeter (0,4 inch) shorter than on the previous version.
    I personally don't like what it does to trigger control, but it does improve the over all balance somewhat. Of course, the shortening of the barrel (by some 4 inches) on this model does much more to improve balance than the shorter butt stock.
    With my blue laminated stock, butt weight shift will be more noticeable than with the standard beech stock, I presume.
    All factory stocks are interchangeable on all 97's and 77's, so one might test the difference by changing stocks.
    I myself am looking for the previous laminated stock as fitted on both the Centennial and Blue Color longer barrel 97's. That stock is 1 cm longer than present factory stocks, has more rounded cheek piece and longer trigger reach (pistol grip is farther away from trigger).

Hendrick-Otto