Thread: Tetra Products

Senor Harv Guest

Tetra Products

Has anyone used any Tetra products in the barrels of air rifles? What worked and how well? How about lubing the pellets, any experiences? Thanks Senor Harv

I have used all the Tetra products.

The product called Action Blaster is worth staying away from, unless you need to de-grease a very cacked up springer. It eats most forms of plastic, so nowhere near a PCP please.

The bore cleaner is pretty aggressive stuff, but for REALLY cleaning up the barrel it's very good.

The grease works very well, but you don't need much.

The barrel treatement is top notch, when used as per the instructions, i.e apply it, and then really work the mop up and down the bore to ' polish' it into the metal.

Be warned. Only use these products after you gun is shot in. Put them on nice new metal, and it won't wear in properly ( or at all).

I have found it to improve the consistency of pre-charged rifles well. I have never had an increase in velocity, as Tetra claim for the full bores, but it is good, and I know some professionals who will not use anything else.

I will now put my tin hat on, as twenty other blokes come on and tell you it's cr*p.

Neil