Thread: black powder trial

black powder trial

are there any bp enthusiasts out there in Leicester / derby / notts area that would be willing to let me accompany them to a range for a play ? I like the nostalgic value and general idea of owning a bp rifle but as yet have never had the chance to fire one or seen one being shot. I have a spare slot on my FAC that looking to put in for a variation on but cant make up my mind if to go for a bp rifle for normal range use or a .300 rum / 7mm rum centerfire for long distance shooting.

Talking BP shooting

theres someone shooting BP rifles and pistols most sundays at Swadlincote Pistol and Rifle club, Newhall near Swadlincote if you google it , it will give all the details, cheers Tezz

Quote Originally Posted by middaycowboy View Post
    theres someone shooting BP rifles and pistols most sundays at Swadlincote Pistol and Rifle club, Newhall near Swadlincote if you google it , it will give all the details, cheers Tezz
    I shot with a .50 cal Hawken there last Sunday, with 130 grain of BP behind a conical bullet..

Massive bang and lots of smoke.

LUVERLY....

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

Have a go at bp and you will be addicted! ive shot a fair few of my mates bp guns and they are fantastic fun especially the .50 remington rolling block and .577 royal enfield muzzle loading rifle they are suprisingly accurate too.
    In starting and waging a war it is not right that matters, but victory. -Adolf Hitler

bp

Why not come and visit us at: www.orpc.org.uk
    We have guest days and there is usually someone about with bp firearms.
    If you bring your FAC with you, you can shoot as a guest and it won't cost you a penny!
    Mail me if you are interested.
    That goes for anyone else too.
    David
    PS visit our site, look at the pics etc. Enjoy!

try and get down to swad one weekend. Cheers Peeps