Thread: Anschutz stock question

Anschutz stock question

I have recieved a lot of very helpful and authoratitive advice in the past on the subject of Anschutz kit. I'm hoping for more of the same on a stock I came across. Its old and showing signs of much use. The previous owner knew nothing of its past. I'm using it to remind myself how restore stocks (its been over 30yr since my last project).

Can anyone please identify the action it belongs to and estimate its age or provide any source of information?

Many thanks in anticipation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Morini 162E L/H Diana 75 L/H Anschutz 250

more snaps

Here are a few more snaps.
    I've done a Google to no effect so have run out of ideas!

Its probably going to be a match 54 or 64 action from around the 1970`s 1980`s

Have a look at these sites

http://www.rifleman.org.uk/Anschutz.htm

http://nealjguns.com/ss_store/UsedTgtRifle.html

http://www.eme421.com/anschutz.html

http://www.marplerifleandpistolclub....es/22rif02.htm

It looks a little like a Match 54 in a 1407 stock

Anschutz Stock

Ithink it is a biathlon stock about 1970 could be from the model1427

Regards
    Himself

The stock is very similar to my Match 64 stock, exept mine is a single shot, so no mag slot.

Deep in the Woods with the little people..Bewdley
    Excuse me for being a "newbie"..so some of my terminology may be incorrect..sorry The stock is identical in all the detail..except the magazine slot..of my newly inherited model 250.. I’ll post my pictures tomorrow…now I know that my 250 is 30 years old..and I know that my old Dad bought it to practice for his .22LR Anschutz..so I figure that there was a .22LR that shared the same stock…the chamfer at the front of the fore end(?) the hole above the trigger guard.. the detail at the bottom of the grip(?).. the cutaway at the butt(?).. all identical..see photos tomorrow and see what you think..
    Last edited by theartfulbodger; 14-02-2008 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Guilty as charged Mr Garvin...
    “Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.”….

..Ok, Ok... now I've put the JD away I can see it ain't as close a match as I thought.. but if you see the areas I've highlighted..you'll see what I mean..
    “Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.”….

thank you

Thank you gents.

I'm quite certain this stock belongs to a magazine fed gun because of the cut-out forward of the trigger. But the aperture seems too small to take large caliber rounds. Did the Match 54 or 64 actions come with a magazine fed option? I thought they were all single shot bolt actions.

Of the links Mark supplied the 1407 seems most similar but this is described as a single shot only.

The cut-out to the fore of the right side of the stock has me puzzled. Any suggestions?

Thanks again

Marek
    Last edited by jaroslaw; 15-02-2008 at 05:30 PM.

There is an Anshutz match 54 action avilable with the heavy match barrel that has a magazine fitted it also has a blnking unit to convert it to single shot. I'm afraid that I do not know the model number but a member of my club has one.

HTH

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by jaroslaw View Post
    ...The cut-out to the fore of the right side of the stock has me puzzled. Any suggestions?

Thanks again

Marek

Biatholon backpack mount?

I'd go with the biathlon stock idea.

that fits in with
    a) 22LR
    b) magazine
    c) the cutaway on the side of the stock and the corresponding one on the side of the butt where the backpack sling would be fitted.

It's the cutaways for the sling which do it. I've read that Biathlon rifles are specially made for cold-weather use - but I don't know if that would precllude you fitting another action into it if you wanted to.

Steve

The Anshutz Biathlon rifles use a Forstner stright pull bolt. This has a vertical arm that runs down the RHS side of the gun (for a righthanded shooter) This is pulled back and then pushed forwards to load a round. This makes shooting with very fast as the finger barly leaves the trigger during the operation. Looking at the cutout with the recoil bar it looks as if the Forstner bolt would be built into the standard match 54 action.

Alan

biathlon stocks

I shoot a mod 1427 anhcuutz biathlon rifle , it is basically the same stock as the one big AL mentions and it has all the fittings that steve says I shoot my rifle in the ukbr postal comps.IT is pre the straight pull forstner model.IT is 30 yrs old and still doing a good job Ihave a spare stock also, ihope ihave been of some help

HIMSELF

Anschutz stock question

Ishoot a biathlon 1427 rifle it,. is 30 yrs old ,a mod 54 action. The newer model of this rifle is a straight pull action as big AL says,but there seems to be little differences in the type of stock

HIMSELF