Thread: Career 707

Career 707

How do these rifles shoot straight out of the box?
    A lot of people have modded them I hear,.. brass mags made, trigger tweaking etc etc.

What mods have been done to these rifles to improve thier performance and handling? ...and roughly what would it cost?

Thanks Dave,
    They said you can't polish sh*t.. well mine's chrome plated

Kev. Guest

Re: Career 707

Originally posted by Dave Willy
    How do these rifles shoot straight out of the box?
    A lot of people have modded them I hear,.. brass mags made, trigger tweaking etc etc.

What mods have been done to these rifles to improve thier performance and handling? ...and roughly what would it cost?

Thanks Dave,
    Dave they are fine right out of the box, most of the tuning is free. gratis. do it yourself mods

The standard mag is fine and works well, brass looks nice though

I like the trigger as it comes, but then I don't like these girly weight match triggers everybody has. I am one of the people who see nothing wrong with a MK1 Rappid trigger once it has a shoe on.

The hammer spring can be a bit fierce, but again it is a diy job to knock off a couple of coils.

if you feel the need you can fit a reg from the US, I am having one fitted in my FAC, as I just can't get the power down any other way

They are a bit quirky, but hey who wants to be run of the mill anyway.

If you need further advice talk to Buddyboy, as he knows Careers.

Thanks Kev mate.

Dave,
    They said you can't polish sh*t.. well mine's chrome plated

Kev.G Guest
    i found they were very inefficient at 12 ftlbs,around 60 good shots,which is bad to say they have around 380cc of air chambers.by fitting a weaker hamer spring and chocking the inlet side of the main valve i got 150 good shots with an extream spread of 16 fps with a shot to shot consistency of 2 fps.i think they could be improved even more regarding shot count.
    kevG

Kev. Guest
    how did you choke the valve then Kev? as mine is the mother of all Careers I think so far we have it down to around 65ft/lbs about 1300 with AA Fields

Kev.G Guest
    well you know the main valve,the large grey bit were the valve stem return sprin goes,i fitted a series of small washers in there for the return spring to sit on,the washers had a 3mm hole,for fac you would have to experiment with different sizes.worked very well for 12 ftlb.i wanted to go further with more test but i had to sell it to some one on here,because they were crying for it
    kevG

I'm after an fac carbine version but had no luck finding one second hand
    Whats the best price you can get one for new? thanx
    al

Sam Guest
    Originally posted by Kev.G
    well you know the main valve,the large grey bit were the valve stem return sprin goes,i fitted a series of small washers in there for the return spring to sit on,the washers had a 3mm hole,for fac you would have to experiment with different sizes.worked very well for 12 ftlb.i wanted to go further with more test but i had to sell it to some one on here,because they were crying for it
    kevG
    Oooooooooh you and me is goin' to war here.

By the way, she lost her virginity this afternoon

Kev.G Guest
    nice one samglad to see its gone to a good home, do you go to bed in those soding gloves
    kevG

Sam Guest
    Originally posted by Kev.G
    nice one samglad to see its gone to a good home, do you go to bed in those soding gloves
    kevG
    Wouldn't you like to know, big boy?

where can i get a brass magazine for my career please guys ?