A nice still and sunny day today and some time off for me so I thought I'd have another quick bash at 100 yards with the springer.

First change from my initial attempt was that I had a laser range finder - it showed that my measurements from my last post were about 10 yards short

I lasered the target and made sure it was a kosher 100 yards - it was a fair bit further away than I expected but still nice and clear through the scope. My first few sighting shots were all over the place and I noticed that I'd been resting part of the rifle butt on the ground. Real results only seemed to come when the middle of the rifle was supported but the butt and barrel were kept clear of any obstructions. I guess it a recoil thing - the gun needs to do it's howitzer style recoil without anything stopping it through the cycle.

Once I was settled in and got the problems sorted, I put out some of my mini-bull targets - these are 45mm across and can be seen in my previous post with a 2p on for scale.

My first 10 shots were all landing fairly consistently i.e. consistently high and right I didn't bother making any adjustments at this stage as they were going to give me a really good read for the adjustments needed on the next 10. I dialled in adjustment and shot the next 10 and printed a really nice group of 47mm c to c BUT sadly I jerked the trigger on one shot and pulled one down badly. This is marked by an X in the pic and it wrecked a great group In the photo group 1 is seperated by the line - the small hole and indentation is where the drawing pin went through.

I had high hopes for my last group and it started really well but then the shots started walking upward as the breeze freshened into my face a touch. I got cross with it and skanked a couple - you can see how far you miss by if you let your technique go!

All in all, very pleasing results but still no actual measurable 10 shot groups but I was very close to getting a 10 shot group of nicely under 2 inches. I'll keep going and let you all know how I get on.

My equipment was a v-glided hw97k in .177 flavour, running at 11.3 ft lbs, trigger was a v-mach semi-match unit with a flat polished blade and it all sat in a GINB l/h thumbhole stock. Scope was Bushnell Banner 6-24X40 cranked to top mag, pellets were JSB 4.51 washed and lubed.

First two groups

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...enners/FEB.jpg

Third group

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...nners/FEB1.jpg