Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mtc Range Finder 6x25 600yds

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club

Thumbs up Mtc Range Finder 6x25 600yds

Today lads i went out to play around for awhile with my new range finder which i got afew days ago. I thought I'd just do a quick review so that if any of you are out looking for a range finder dont over look this bit of kit.

On first inspection the instructions are very easy to read and understand, the body of the range finder is a dark green colour in a rubberish coating. Batterie supplied and is wrapped in a plastic film so becareful to remove it otherwise the ranger finder wont work. I say this cause you dont realise the battery is sealed so tightly you think its all in one.

Out to the farm I put down ten targets all spaced out at ten yards each so in total the range was 100yds.

Press the button down then press again it gave me the distence in the yds mode. It surprised me to say it was accurate! and i mean accurate, 40,50, 60, 70 right through to 100yds it mesured the distence accurately.

The view is fantastic and very clear, all thoughs trees I range found were amazing. So right out 50yds I now use the scope on the cross hairs, at 60yds 1st mill dot 2nd 70yds , 3rd 80yds and 4th mill dot 90yds.

The good thing with the range finder i found was that any bunny spotted was soon range found and I know now which mill dot to use, even at 100yds it gave me the mark on the scope to use but to be honest i stick around 50-80yds thats good enough for me.

Conclusion, I have never owned one but my shooting buddy has one, now that i have one I wont be leaving home with out it, it is now part of my kit and the best £95 I've ever spent. Very nice and well pleased with its performance, not to hevey to carry around and I've passed it through my belt so it stays in its case. I know you can buy more expensive ones but this does the job just as good and for the money Its well worth it , worth it because its so accurate , you can change to mts, you've got rain mode, nice eye piece which is a soft rubber. So before you go out to buy one have a look at this one, you'll be amazed
    plus a warrenty thats backed up by MTC and I should know I've got one of their lovely scopes too.
    Last edited by verminhunter; 17-02-2008 at 08:14 PM.

Nice review and the MTC rangefinders are very highly regarded. I regret selling my previous laser rangefinder and will most likely go with MTC when I get my next one.
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

Is the display LED or LCD? ie can you see it at dusk.
    Is there a web site with info on these anywhere?

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jackg View Post
    Is the display LED or LCD? ie can you see it at dusk.
    Is there a web site with info on these anywhere?

LCD Jack. Wish it was LED but the price would rocket. Have a drive down and have a cuppa with us if you want to see one.

Be good to see you again

Wink Nice review, Cossy.

Gary, are these the ones you showed me at the Midland last year, or have you just got them in?

I seem to remember a similar type, mate?

Pete.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Gary C Guest
    same one Pete

Thumbs up re MTC Range Finder

I also have just bought one these from Gary & Sammie Its a cracking piece of kit , does just what it says on the tin, its good value for the money,backed up by helpful & polite Fellow airgunners who are a pleasure to deal with.

rangefinder

Reading this I`v just orded one can`t wait

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by brian747 View Post
    I also have just bought one these from Gary & Sammie Its a cracking piece of kit , does just what it says on the tin, its good value for the money,backed up by helpful & polite Fellow airgunners who are a pleasure to deal with.
    He obviously spoke to Sammie..

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    He obviously spoke to Sammie..

Yep I agree with brian, sammie is very polite and helpful , not like you ..a miserable git.

Talking Mtc Range Finder

Just got mine , took it out today with my Leica lazer tape and was spot on at the ranges I set out 20 yards to 100 yards , Great service and advice even better price , fits in your pocket what more do you want? Oh and a nice MTC cap to go with my three 4/12x50 Vipers ,THANKS.

Who stocks these? Not on BAR site...
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by C3PO_1 View Post
    Who stocks these? Not on BAR site...
    Lloyd has some
    Daystate IIRC have a few
    We have a few

Cheers -- will be hoping to get one next month.

(PS: Who is Lloyd?)

Gary C Guest
    Lloyd at BAR