So took my new Ruger Old Army out for its first session on Tuesday (7 1/2 Stainless) - 22 Grains of Triple 7, Wonder Wad and .457 Lead Ball = So much fun. My first experience shooting anything but .22 and I have to say I am glad I made the purchase.

However what I did'nt expect was a serious cleaning project when I got home - 2 hours to get the thing clean. Main problems were the nipples and rear end of the cylinder, I found it very difficult to get clean - felt like the BP (Substitute) was baked on

Was using WD40 and also Tried a Nitro Solvent (think the WD40 worked better)

Suggestions please on how to speed up the cleaning process - Comments and opinions on the following
1. Would spraying the gun with WD40 before I leave the club make cleaning easier when I get home
2. Has anyone tried using Window Cleaner to clean Triple 7
3. Would soaking in hot soapy (Fairy Liquid) water get the Cylinder and Nipples Clean
4. I am just gonna have to learn not to shoot my Old Army on a school night because it takes ages to get the thing clean.

Your help appreciated cos I need to shoot the beast really soon, I think I could be addicted to BP