Thread: New to comps

Geoffc Guest

New to comps

OK chaps,

Perrenial question.

Thinking of getting into HFT or FT. As I'm on limited budget, how much does it cost to take part in a competition, is it all league or are there single day comps?
    I'm assuming I need to join BFTA ? but what is it likely to cost on the day?

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!

Cost

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffc View Post
    OK chaps,

Perrenial question.

Thinking of getting into HFT or FT. As I'm on limited budget, how much does it cost to take part in a competition, is it all league or are there single day comps?
    I'm assuming I need to join BFTA ? but what is it likely to cost on the day?

If you were to come to Shepreth (which is near Cambridge)for an HFT comp the shoot fee for a non member is £7.50, which means you can use all the facilities at the club on the day. You don't need to be a member of either governing body for club shoots, just turn up. The next Shepreth meet will be 03/03/08 I think and I'd be happy to show you the ropes if you wan to dip your toes in.

Ryan

I shoot the FT competitions within SWEFTA and also go to many of the National BFTA events.

Our SWEFTA cost is £5.00 for the FT event and £3.00 for the HFT event, but you first need to be a member of an affiliated club within the South West of England, costing say approx £30 per year. There is on average of one match per month, held on each of the 10 clubs grounds.

To shoot in the BFTA events, you will need to get a BFTA card costing £3.50 per year, and most of the competitions cost £8 for the entrance fee.

Tony
    Last edited by Nicey; 20-02-2008 at 07:51 PM.

best thing is to look up your local club, on www.bfta.net or www.ukahft.org.uk/2008/

then join up, find your feet, and have a go at either discipline...then see what the gear costs you and whats about.

it tends to be the summer is the national scene, the winter is the local league scene. Some regions run through all year.

You can compete at both disciplines with cheap gear...the cost difference between the two is a myth, as people take it seriously they will spend as much as they can...but the trick is to just enjoy it and get stuck in. You'll be welcome as a starter in both camps, and both have a warm welcome for new shooters.