Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: British Airgun Championships

levidog is offline I got wood.........Bzzzzzz

British Airgun Championships

I thought that seeing that this is the Target section there ought to be a mention of the British Airgun Championships at Bisley this weekend.

Good luck to everyone competing.

Sean

?who? What?why?
    AIR ARMS FIELD TARGET TEAM MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by draconis View Post
    ?who? What?why?
    Here's a link;

http://www.nsra.co.uk/index.php?opti...154&Itemid=104
    TX200/Nikko Stirling MKII 10-50
    TX200/Hawke 4-16 MAP Pro
    MILLRIDE FTC

Check the NSRA website mate

There is life outside FT and HFT see

Me n Rich will be up there spitting a few in the general direction of the 10m target...i'll be in the trainers taking the piss out of rich's funny feet...he'll be taking the piss out of my scores.

squadded friday and sunday.

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Is this just moi ? .... or, having followed with anticipation the links to the NSRA web pages, the only thing I now know is that there is an airgun competition on from Friday to Sunday and there is a large number of entries.

Failed to find ANYTHING on the site - and I did spend quite a bit of time clicking buttons all over the place - which told me what the comps were, classes, ranges, number of shots, scoring, or who the competitors were.

Missed opportunity or what? Is there a secret code needed to find out about it.

While not intending (too late anyway) to take part, I'm interested in ALL aspects of shooting and a regular (well once or twice a year) visitor to the hallowed turf of Bisley. As a result, I was rather dissapointed to see that the 2008 Phoenix shoot, for which I'm on the mailing list, seems to have dropped the HFT comp run by BFTO. Anyone know why?

Please note (levi or NSRA bods viewing this) that my comments are intended as constructive criticism. I'd like to know more; just couldn't find it.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Biggles,

Assuming you are a member of the NSRA, or shoot at an affiliated club, the information is contained in The Rifleman (when they manage to get a copy out on time)!

Dom.

Quote Originally Posted by another_dom View Post
    Biggles,

Assuming you are a member of the NSRA, or shoot at an affiliated club, the information is contained in The Rifleman (when they manage to get a copy out on time)!

Dom.
    Hum. So it's a bit of an Equity Card situation. You have to be a member of a predominantly Small Bore (rim fire) organisation to find out about these important airgun comps. Shame
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Our club is insured via the NSRA!
    Having just renewed our insurance, i have not had time to wade through all the bumpf!!
    I didn't notice any mention about any comps!??

Would it be too much of a chore to post such events on here??
    Unless you are not intending to attract new members!!
    Regards Mike.
    Last edited by blackscale; 20-02-2008 at 11:19 PM. Reason: p
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Is this just moi ? .... or, having followed with anticipation the links to the NSRA web pages, the only thing I now know is that there is an airgun competition on from Friday to Sunday and there is a large number of entries.

Failed to find ANYTHING on the site - and I did spend quite a bit of time clicking buttons all over the place - which told me what the comps were, classes, ranges, number of shots, scoring, or who the competitors were.

Missed opportunity or what? Is there a secret code needed to find out about it.

While not intending (too late anyway) to take part, I'm interested in ALL aspects of shooting and a regular (well once or twice a year) visitor to the hallowed turf of Bisley. As a result, I was rather dissapointed to see that the 2008 Phoenix shoot, for which I'm on the mailing list, seems to have dropped the HFT comp run by BFTO. Anyone know why?

Please note (levi or NSRA bods viewing this) that my comments are intended as constructive criticism. I'd like to know more; just couldn't find it.

Biggles
    under competitions menu

http://www.nsra.co.uk/index.php?opti...=38&Itemid=158

but i only found out about it via our club comp officer.

I think this is a problem with a lot of hobbies.

We seem to quickly get used to talking about the sport in terms no one outside the sport understands. A recent thread about reducers on here had after several pages someone asking what are reducers.....

There is a huge following of the 10m target air rilfe (basically you wear bondage jacket, trousers and as mentioned earlier funny shoes). Sub 6ft/lbs, iron peep sights. The 10 ring is .22", yep the size of the pellet you are fireing at it. No room for error. From memory the 1 ring is about 1.5 inches There are lots of juniors.

I think there was an article in a recent "airgunner world" with Gary C trying it?

I went to the surrey open two years ago to watch and the standard is very high, but it aint a sport for me, but then again I don't like NSRA/NRA target rifle either. Give me a scope please mister.

I'll see if I can pass up the food chain of the NSRA (I sometimes attend the surrey meeting) to see if they can put something on about what the sports are.

Good luck to chaps shooting this weekend. I'll be on the 600 yard line at Century instead.

Instead of offering an opportunity to complain my thread was intended to wish those who are competing good luck.

I am not a representative of the NSRA.

I guess that if you did the various disciplines involved in the championships at Bisley you would make sure you were aware of the competitions much the same as we do HFT or FT.

Sorry if you include my post as complaining.
    It wasn't (If you did) It was quite simply, me, wondering why? these events are not publicised?....Like on here!
    And goodluck from me as well...funny feet and all!
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    Sorry if you include my post as complaining.
    It wasn't (If you did) It was quite simply, me, wondering why? these events are not publicised?....Like on here!
    And goodluck from me as well...funny feet and all!
    its a good question.

Quote Originally Posted by levidog View Post
    Instead of offering an opportunity to complain my thread was intended to wish those who are competing good luck.

I am not a representative of the NSRA.

I guess that if you did the various disciplines involved in the championships at Bisley you would make sure you were aware of the competitions much the same as we do HFT or FT.
    Hi Levidog

Last thing I wanted was to be labled as a whinger ... just not my sort of thing. AND I will add to yours my hearty best wishes to all shooting in this comp at Bisley over the next three days.

I can also see that the NSRA web site is new (major revamp, launched last month) and says it will be developing more and more. This is good news.

I shot small bore for donkeys years, becoming almost attached at the hip (well - shoulder ) to an Anschutz 1813, shooting a couple of night every week in the winter and 3 or 4 days a week the rest of the year. I still hang on to my collection of trophies and the badges which I removed from my shooting mat and (as Bullbarrel called it) bondage jacket. As result, I am very familiar with the NSRA and what they do for our sport (paper punching variety).

BUT, in terms of promoting the sport to 'outsiders' (including many of the BBS community), I'd strongly encourage the Association to add to the web site the sort of thing that most of us have on ours, quite often on our home pages. i.e. a "welcome to the sport" section, describing what it's all about, the different disciplines and classes and the equipment, etc. AND how people with an interest can become involved. Ever increasingly so, we need all the new people we can in our sports.

As, with their staff shortages, I imagine they have little time to trawl the BBS (), I'll find a way of expressing this opinion directly to the NSRA web meister.

ATB

Biggles