Thread: British Airgun Championships

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    levidog is offline I got wood.........Bzzzzzz

British Airgun Championships

I thought that seeing that this is the Target section there ought to be a mention of the British Airgun Championships at Bisley this weekend.

Good luck to everyone competing.

Sean

?who? What?why?
    AIR ARMS FIELD TARGET TEAM MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by draconis View Post
    ?who? What?why?
    Here's a link;

http://www.nsra.co.uk/index.php?opti...154&Itemid=104
    TX200/Nikko Stirling MKII 10-50
    TX200/Hawke 4-16 MAP Pro
    MILLRIDE FTC

levidog is offline I got wood.........Bzzzzzz
    Check the NSRA website mate

There is life outside FT and HFT see

Me n Rich will be up there spitting a few in the general direction of the 10m target...i'll be in the trainers taking the piss out of rich's funny feet...he'll be taking the piss out of my scores.

squadded friday and sunday.

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Is this just moi ? .... or, having followed with anticipation the links to the NSRA web pages, the only thing I now know is that there is an airgun competition on from Friday to Sunday and there is a large number of entries.

Failed to find ANYTHING on the site - and I did spend quite a bit of time clicking buttons all over the place - which told me what the comps were, classes, ranges, number of shots, scoring, or who the competitors were.

Missed opportunity or what? Is there a secret code needed to find out about it.

While not intending (too late anyway) to take part, I'm interested in ALL aspects of shooting and a regular (well once or twice a year) visitor to the hallowed turf of Bisley. As a result, I was rather dissapointed to see that the 2008 Phoenix shoot, for which I'm on the mailing list, seems to have dropped the HFT comp run by BFTO. Anyone know why?

Please note (levi or NSRA bods viewing this) that my comments are intended as constructive criticism. I'd like to know more; just couldn't find it.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Biggles,

Assuming you are a member of the NSRA, or shoot at an affiliated club, the information is contained in The Rifleman (when they manage to get a copy out on time)!

Dom.

Quote Originally Posted by another_dom View Post
    Biggles,

Assuming you are a member of the NSRA, or shoot at an affiliated club, the information is contained in The Rifleman (when they manage to get a copy out on time)!

Dom.
    Hum. So it's a bit of an Equity Card situation. You have to be a member of a predominantly Small Bore (rim fire) organisation to find out about these important airgun comps. Shame
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Is this just moi ? .... or, having followed with anticipation the links to the NSRA web pages, the only thing I now know is that there is an airgun competition on from Friday to Sunday and there is a large number of entries.

Failed to find ANYTHING on the site - and I did spend quite a bit of time clicking buttons all over the place - which told me what the comps were, classes, ranges, number of shots, scoring, or who the competitors were.

Missed opportunity or what? Is there a secret code needed to find out about it.

While not intending (too late anyway) to take part, I'm interested in ALL aspects of shooting and a regular (well once or twice a year) visitor to the hallowed turf of Bisley. As a result, I was rather dissapointed to see that the 2008 Phoenix shoot, for which I'm on the mailing list, seems to have dropped the HFT comp run by BFTO. Anyone know why?

Please note (levi or NSRA bods viewing this) that my comments are intended as constructive criticism. I'd like to know more; just couldn't find it.

Biggles
    under competitions menu

http://www.nsra.co.uk/index.php?opti...=38&Itemid=158

but i only found out about it via our club comp officer.

I think this is a problem with a lot of hobbies.

We seem to quickly get used to talking about the sport in terms no one outside the sport understands. A recent thread about reducers on here had after several pages someone asking what are reducers.....

There is a huge following of the 10m target air rilfe (basically you wear bondage jacket, trousers and as mentioned earlier funny shoes). Sub 6ft/lbs, iron peep sights. The 10 ring is .22", yep the size of the pellet you are fireing at it. No room for error. From memory the 1 ring is about 1.5 inches There are lots of juniors.

I think there was an article in a recent "airgunner world" with Gary C trying it?

I went to the surrey open two years ago to watch and the standard is very high, but it aint a sport for me, but then again I don't like NSRA/NRA target rifle either. Give me a scope please mister.

I'll see if I can pass up the food chain of the NSRA (I sometimes attend the surrey meeting) to see if they can put something on about what the sports are.

Good luck to chaps shooting this weekend. I'll be on the 600 yard line at Century instead.

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    I was rather dissapointed to see that the 2008 Phoenix shoot, for which I'm on the mailing list, seems to have dropped the HFT comp run by BFTO. Anyone know why?
    Biggles
    Hi Mike, The HFT comp during the Phoenix was dropped by the NSRA because of the lack of support, we were expecting/hoping for 100+ shooters but only got little more than 30! (I think it clashed with something else that day).
    Oh well there's always next year.
    Cheers, Paul. (BFTO member)
    TX200 collector, ex - BFTO member and vintage BSA rifle anorak!
    Get yourself something useful.....
    HERE!

Good luck to all the competitors.

I will be on the 10m range as staff, come and say hello, i wear my BBS name badge with pride
    Regards
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
    Hi Mike, The HFT comp during the Phoenix was dropped by the NSRA because of the lack of support, we were expecting/hoping for 100+ shooters but only got little more than 30! (I think it clashed with something else that day).
    Oh well there's always next year.
    Cheers, Paul. (BFTO member)
    Thanks for that Paul.

Have just checked diaries and I do see that it clashes with the UKAHFT at Tawd Vale. Shame all the same, as I would not have expected there to be a mass exodus from the South East to Tawd.

I hope they do run it as part of Phoenix next year. If they confirm the date well in advance (I don't recall it moving around much from that last weekend in May) the Sussex clubs (5 of us now ) will certainly promote it to our members - as we did this year - and do our best to avoid a clash when setting the dates for the Sussex Interclub HFT.

atb

Biggles