Thread: Ruger Old Army discontinued

Ruger Old Army discontinued

Just saw on the Ruger website that they have stopped doing the Ruger Old Army. So if anyone was thinking about getting a new one then time is probably limited. That said they are pretty indestructible so a 2nd hand one is usually a decent buy as well.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Sad but true

I just checked Ruger's website and saw the same sad info.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Yes I heard this on Wednesday, No one seems to know why Ruger have stopped the production. I Know someone who has four new ones on order, and should be delivered soon, but has been told thats it, no more.

Any news?

Does anyone have any updates on this sad news?

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

What is the going rate for a good S/H old army ?
    Was looking at one today and thinking i might try one, easier to clean than my pedersolli

Any news?

Has anyone heard anything further about the fate of the ROA?

Jim

Still...

I checked Ruger's site today: the Old Army is still listed as discontinued.

Jim

I've Looked all over the Ruger site and couldn't find anything about it being discontinued. Saying that I did find some mention on the Ruger Forum site about the 5 1/2" ROA has already been discontinued. It'll be a big loss if Ruger do/have discontinue the ROA.

Unhappy

I saw it when I went to the company's site and into the "Revolvers" section.

Jim

Ah I see didn't look hard enough, I now I'm depressed, well not that depressed as I do have a 7 1/2 target in stainless

I have to ask "why, Ruger, why?"

Gamolvr Guest
    Ruger has been making this gun for decades, theres plenty of them on they used market! No worries!

Dishonerable Discontinuation of Roger Old Army

yeah I also noticed Ruger has dishonorably discontinued the Old Army .45 all variations. I wrote Ruger, there response was rather vague. I have not yet got my Old Army yet and I am very devastated.

I will be boycotting ALL Ruger products until they bring the Old Army back!

Ruger made a very stupid move on their behalf, they are going, and should loose alot of business. They just took the cherry off the top of the cake!

The rest of their guns are ok.......the Blackhawk is great.....except it has a downfall with breakable, adjustable sights.

Excellent idea!

Quote Originally Posted by WranglerCowboy View Post

I will be boycotting ALL Ruger products until they bring the Old Army back!

Ruger made a very stupid move on their behalf, they are going, and should loose alot of business. They just took the cherry off the top of the cake!
    I agree, WC! Maybe if they hear this from a lot of shooters, they'll wise up and bring the Old Army back into production!

Jim