Thread: what is the value of my walther LP mod 3?

atcowes Guest

what is the value of my walther LP mod 3?

hi i have a walther LP mod 3 in good condition and was wondering how much it is worth. many thanks.

One for sale on THIS thread.

atcowes Guest
    thank you garvin, i had better stop plinking about with it and put it away

Quote Originally Posted by atcowes View Post
    thank you garvin, i had better stop plinking about with it and put it away
    I think you should enjoy it any way you want. IMO the older (obsolete?) match pistols make fantastic plinkers. And Johno's LP3 is a particularly choice model in very good condition, so yours may be worth a fair bit less.

atcowes Guest
    i am not sure what model mine is to be honest, but is in very good condition also,, do you know by any chance what a bull barrel is?

Quote Originally Posted by atcowes View Post
    i am not sure what model mine is to be honest, but is in very good condition also,, do you know by any chance what a bull barrel is?
    I'm not exactly sure what Johno meant by it but I think the more common LP3 barrel shape is the elliptical one shown in these pics, 1, 2, 3. His LP3 has a round barrel and IMO it is more attractive. Re. value, match grips are worth more than non-match and new or recent seals will add value since these guns often seem to need resealing.

atcowes Guest
    picture 1 is the same model as mine, it is a lovely looking pistol but a little strange to fire for me as i am used to a heavy piston and spring jolting my hand as i fire it, this one is so smooth. thanks for the info.
    i will plink away with this one but i will make sure it is cleaned and put away in a safe place not like my old slavia pistol (which has seen better days)