Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .36, or .44 / .45

Quote Originally Posted by Mousemann View Post
    Simon, I thought the Cattleman was a cartridge gun? How do you get that, or are you not in the UK?

And another general question for anyone here - which .36 revolver is a good fit for bigger hands? I'm moving to an R&S for the .44 for that reason so need something of that ilk in the grips department.
    The Cattlemn are B/P. Uberti made a run of SAA's which have B/P cylinders which are loaded off the gun, using a small press. Caps are fitted to the nipples via the loading gate. Armi San Marco also did a version, but it wasn't as nicely finished.

As for a "bigger" .36, have you looked at Pietta? They chambered some of the 1858 Remy copies in .36 and called them the New Model Navy, or something like that.... Uberti also do a .36 Remington.
    Last edited by Simon G; 25-06-2008 at 10:54 PM.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousemann View Post
    Simon, I thought the Cattleman was a cartridge gun? How do you get that, or are you not in the UK?

And another general question for anyone here - which .36 revolver is a good fit for bigger hands? I'm moving to an R&S for the .44 for that reason so need something of that ilk in the grips department.
    I second your first question, Mousemann.

As to your second one: which .36 or .44 are best for SMALLER hands?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

See above, Jim!

They're all beautiful, Simon!

Of the lot: there's something very distinctive about the Rogers. And you just can't beat the look of the long-barrelled Colt Navies.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Thanks Jim!

Here's a couple of better pics I took of the Navy Sheriffs when playing with the camera.....

The cartridges in the loops of the belt are .32-20, for an original Marlin 1894, which was made in 1894!!

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/7694/1323236lt8.jpg

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/4827/1323238ui0.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
    See above, Jim!
    I can't keep up with you fellows!

Jim